Hope Bobby's okay

Re: Hope Bobby's okay

Postby WildEye » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:30 pm

ahh man.... That's not good. I hope it's not serious and just taking some down time because he's overworked as it is. He's given soooo much...
WildEye
Mickey
Mickey

Postby Emoto » Wed May 01, 2013 3:52 am

From the Furthur web site:

"Due to unforeseen circumstances, Furthur regretfully will be unable to appear as scheduled at BottleRock Napa Valley on Thursday, May 9. Grateful Dead & Furthur Co-Founder Bob Weir, is unable to perform in any capacity for the next several weeks.

Furthur featuring Phil Lesh & Bob Weir look forward to returning to the road as scheduled on July 11 in Brooklyn for their Summer tour, which carries them through early October on the West Coast"

Hmm. Hope we find out what is going on.
Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there...
Emoto

Postby Jimaroe » Wed May 01, 2013 12:21 pm

Man, this just sucks. I hope that whatever the situation is, it can be rectified. First, for Bob's sake (health and well being). Second, and I know this is extremely, self centered/greedy, but, I have had some great fun lately at the couple of Furthur shows and especially the Bobby solo shows. I think his playing and vocals have been incredible. Get well soon and hope to catch you this Fall.
Jimaroe
Jester
Jester

Postby pablomago » Wed May 01, 2013 2:13 pm

According to the Further website, Bobbys getting treatment and they are cancelling the next portion of the tour.
pablomago
TC
TC

Postby strumminsix » Wed May 01, 2013 5:32 pm

pablomago wrote:According to the Further website, Bobbys getting treatment and they are cancelling the next portion of the tour.

Where does I say that?

$5 says the show goes on sans bobby.
strumminsix

Postby TI4-1009 » Thu May 02, 2013 5:56 am

The way I read it they're cancelling ONE show and picking back up in July as scheduled.
"Do not write so that you can be understood, write so that you cannot be misunderstood." -Epictetus

First show: 8/16/69 (Woodstock)
Last show: 3/19/95 (Unbroken Chain breakout)
Member of the Four-Decade Club
Charter Member, President & CEO of OAD (Order of the Ancient Deadheads)
TI4-1009

Postby ebick » Thu May 02, 2013 6:25 am

TI4-1009 wrote:The way I read it they're cancelling ONE show and picking back up in July as scheduled.

that's how I read it too....but examine the very careful wording that allows them some wiggle room.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, Furthur regretfully will be unable to appear as scheduled at BottleRock Napa Valley on Thursday, May 9. Grateful Dead & Furthur Co-Founder Bob Weir, is unable to perform for the next several weeks.

it doesn't actually say that the show is actually cancelled........they could appear.....just not as scheduled (meaning with Weir).

Furthur featuring Phil Lesh & Bob Weir look forward to returning to the road as scheduled on July 11 in Brooklyn for their Summer tour, which carries them through early October on the West Coast
Ed

First Show - 5/5/77
Last Show - 3/28/93
ebick

Postby Phil Lesh101 » Thu May 02, 2013 12:36 pm

Maybe they will whip out a JGB setlist if they play without bob.
"I didn't ask them to misspell anything to prove their authenticity, but I believe they're legit." ~ Rusty The Scoob.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV9EGVZio2M
https://archive.org/details/DA2013-10-19
Phil Lesh101

Previous

Return to Grateful Dead General Discussion