Pablo Mago from Colorado

name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear

Pablo Mago from Colorado

Postby pablomago » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:35 pm

Greetings, folks. I've finally sighned up here. I was active on the Yahoo Groups years back.

My first show was Nov. '69 at the Family Dog on the Great Highway in SF. Growing up in the bay area Bill Graham and Chet Helms gave me the finest musical education possible. We saw the Dead a lot in the early '70's. Met Jerry at a JG/MS gig.

These days I live in Fort Collins, CO and play in an Irish band called Lalla Rookh and a groovy little three piece acoustic/electric combo called the Green Band. We play some Dead, and Dead related tunes, but also do a lot of originals and reefer music from the '20's to the present.

Feel free to contact me about the old days or just to chat
pablomago
TC
TC

Re: Pablo Mago from Colorado

Postby humboldt » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:28 pm

Hey, Pablo:

Nice to see your post. I just linked to this forum on the 16th. Am arriving in the FORT tommorrow -- April 18 -- if the snow gods allow.

I am rethinking my econobox rental from Denver airport....I have run in the Horsetooth Half Marathon the last few years. Not sure what is up with it this year, but I have no refund air tickets from Oregon, so I am going no matter what.

You folks playing anywhere this weekend?
humboldt
welcome
welcome

Postby tcsned » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:40 pm

Welcome aboard! I love Colorado - the only other place than the Blue Ridge I would consider living. I spent some time in Evergreen/Kittridge playing music with a singer songwriter who is now in Telluride. Sounds like your doing some cool music. Some cool folks here :smile:
tcsned

Postby Ddavis510 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:41 am

Welcome to the forum. I just joined as well. Lots of knowledge and fine folks here. I'm new to the Denver area as well. I'd love to get out and check out your gigs. There is a place to post those on here somewhere. I'll keep an eye out.
Ddavis510
Aoxomoxoa
Aoxomoxoa

Return to Introductions