Messing up

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

Messing up

Postby Dwarf Rat » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:10 am

Three weeks ago I had a pretty terrible bicycle crash. Going between 20 and 30 miles an hour I hit a large bump on a steep hill in Morro Bay, CA on vacation. It was the one time I didn't have a helmet even though I had ridden my road bike 75 miles a few days before with all my bike clothes and helmet. I was on my old Stump Jumper and flew about 25 feet threw the air before I hit the ground and slid another ten feet.

I spent 12 days in two hospitals, the first week in ICU in San Luis Obispo. With a skull fracture, six stitches in my head, two slightly broken vertebrae, five broken ribs, and a broken right collar bone partially separated from my sternum, I was not feeling too well.

After I got home, I took my Merrill OM 28 out of the Calton Case and started to play Candyman, Deal, Sugaree, Halfstep Missippi Toodaloo, and as much as I could remember. While my right arm hurts like a MoFo, my left hand is playing as good as always. The band and I were going to go into the studio to record four tunes for our gigs, but I am on a sling for another month or so. I have forgotten the names of some of the tunes, but when I look them up in my iPad they all come back.
Dwarf Rat
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Re: Messing up

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:52 am

Have a speedy recovery
Hope you are up and jamming soon !
- Tom
Tennessee Jedi

Postby PaulJay » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:52 am

Hope you are 100% soon.
PaulJay
Billy
Billy

Postby mijknahs » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:12 pm

That is really heavy. I've broken some bones in the past (including my collarbone) but nothing that bad and all at once. Sound like you're fortunate to be alive. May you make a speedy and full recovery!
mijknahs

Postby jester536 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:20 pm

Ouch...those are all injuries that are tough to recover from. I was taking my bike out the other day and was riding like 3 blocks from my house and didn't wear my helmet because it was just a short quick ride....I will the next time. Get well soon.
If the thunder don't getcha then the lightning will!
http://www.reverbnation.com/unchartedwaters
jester536
One More Saturday Night
One More Saturday Night

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:41 pm

Scary stuff! Glad you're healing up!
Rusty the Scoob

Return to Everything Else