pedalboard power

pedalboard power

Postby tommybo » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:02 pm

question-what kind of power supply did jerry use for his pedalboard? what do some of you guys use?
tommybo
bruce
bruce

Re: pedalboard power

Postby gmchart » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:56 pm

Dunlop DC Brick. By far the best I've seen.
gmchart
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Postby tcsned » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:10 pm

gmchart wrote:Dunlop DC Brick. By far the best I've seen.

Yep, that's what I use. No problems with it at all. Has 9v and 18v for the MU III.
tcsned

Postby cmc64 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:17 pm

I have been using the VooDoo Labs Pedal Power 2 Plus. What I dig about it is that it can power 9V and 18V (Mu-III, and others) but can also do 24V for EHX and run Eventide, Line 6, TC Nova effects and others I can;t think of at the moment. According to Voodoo Labs. it can run any DC powered effect. It has a toroidal transformer and each of the eight power outputs is fully isolated - no noise. I noticed a big difference in the noise level of my effects when I set it up. It also has this neat feature on outputs 7 and 8 - there is a small potentiometer that you can use to drop the voltage and simulate a dying battery. I guess some people like the tone of overdrive and distortion pedals when the battery level "sags", as they say. I thought about the the DC brick but after checking out the Voodoo Labs - made in the USA, 5 year warranty, runs anything and it's dead silent, I was sold.
cmc64
Billy
Billy

Postby ccw3432 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:18 pm

Pedal Power 2. It powers my qtron with an additional reverse polarity cable. It's not too exciting but seems to work great for me.
ccw3432
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Postby jeager » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:22 pm

I got the voodoo 2 plus also. Works great but now I'm thinking the voodoo pedal power digital might have been good cause I'm eyeing that strymon möbius for modulation effects and it requires the higher milliamperes that the digital can deliver. I guess the point is you gotta look at what you want to power with it first. The 2 plus is pretty versital though and will run lots of effects.
"One man gathers what another man spills..."
jeager
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby mgbills » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:24 pm

+1 on the Voodoo. Awesome.
"Hi Ho...the Carrion Crow...FoldeRoldeRiddle"
mgbills

Return to Jerry Tone