Postby Dozin » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:58 am

That does sound great. Really dig the grain and color of the guitar
"If you get confused,...
Listen to the music play"
Dozin

Re: New AO Jerry Strat photos and audio samples

Postby jeager » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:41 am

Hey mk
I think it sustains as well,or better than any guitar I have had or played ... Including various other strats, Parker fly, ibanez ... It is definitely much nicer to stand and play with than my Clapton strat ... And it has more sustain than that. Warmoth says the chambered bodies actually provide better sustain than solid.... In the 70s everybody thought we had to go heavy to have sustain but I don't think that's necessarily true. Jerry got great sustain from an ash strat... This one Just happens to have chambers ...

The neck joint that Andrew did (much more solid than traditional) the hard tail and titanium saddles certainly contribute as we'll. I don't play very loud on stage and I have been able to excellent feedback sustain as well... Maybe not a typical Jerry technique but lots of fun at the right time. This may have more to do with the lollar pups (neck and bridge) being slightly microphonic by design.

I don't know, but I love how it treats my back during the last set of the night.
"One man gathers what another man spills..."
jeager
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby mkaufman » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:55 am

Thanks. I was thinking about slapping on a graphite neck. Can I do this with the same type of neck joint?

mk
THE best way to score gear: http://www.auctionstud.com

For discounts on extended Dell warranties: http://advantech-ny.com/mik/advantech/DellComputerWarranty
mkaufman

Postby jeager » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:33 am

That I couldn't tell you. Andrew Olson did that for me, i imagine you could though.
"One man gathers what another man spills..."
jeager
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby aoguitars » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:14 pm

Thanks for posting those sound clips, man! Really killer tones you're getting there. I especially love the Althea--I'm also a big fan of playing fingerstyle like that, and you really nail that pop. Nice and clean. Great playing.
Andrew Olson
AO Guitars
www.aoguitars.com
aoguitars
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Previous

Return to Jerry Tone