Another Adamas convert

Chat about Equipment Info

Re: Another Adamas convert

Postby tumbledownshack » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:42 am

Where can I buy these picks?

I have wanted to try them for years, but I thought they didn't make them anymore.

Trey from Phish uses them too.
tumbledownshack
Keith
Keith

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:47 am

tumbledownshack wrote:Where can I buy these picks?

I have wanted to try them for years, but I thought they didn't make them anymore.

Trey from Phish uses them too.

Pm me your addy ... I will send you one
:smile:
Tennessee Jedi

Postby DenverEd » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:08 pm

DenverEd
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Postby Sparechaynge » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:43 pm

Regarding the Telefunken picks (please don't hate me!),
Where do you guys buy them from? This page?: http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200 ... =824&kw=lg

I like the grip better than the Adamas, but I want to be sure that these are real and not a scam or something.

Thanks
Is this a 70's bass or a 00's PC...or a Moon Lander? (It's a moon lander) - Tigerstrat
Sparechaynge
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby joethepainter » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:22 am

Sparechaynge wrote:Regarding the Telefunken picks (please don't hate me!),
Where do you guys buy them from? This page?: http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200 ... =824&kw=lg

I like the grip better than the Adamas, but I want to be sure that these are real and not a scam or something.

Thanks

Yep, that's them. I prefer these picks, as well.
joethepainter
Pigpen
Pigpen

Postby Jon S. » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:37 am

If those Telefunkens are good enough for Joethepainter and SpareChaynge, they're good enough for me. Just bought a bag! Now I can get a 3-way rotation going (Adamas-V-Picks-Telefunken). :D
"For me, I think the only danger is being too much in love with guitar playing. The music is the most important thing, and the guitar is only the instrument." Jerry Garcia
Jon S.

Postby Sparechaynge » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:49 pm

Thanks!

I'm going to get a bag of 2mm and a bag of 3mm. I'm really digging my 2.75mm V-Pick, the thinner ones don't have the same fullness to my ears. I just can't get thinner picks to sound like Jer, or be useable on bass and guitar. Need more bang for the buck at these prices.
Is this a 70's bass or a 00's PC...or a Moon Lander? (It's a moon lander) - Tigerstrat
Sparechaynge
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby Scarlet » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:29 am

The Adamas picks are the the longest lasting plectrums I've ever used. I used the same 2 Adamas picks all through 2012 and I play every day. Even now they have only worn down very slightly. The only disadvantage of them is I find I get a black thumb from the graphite after a gig or after playing for a couple of hours.
Scarlet
Donna
Donna

Postby joethepainter » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:37 am

Jon S. wrote:If those Telefunkens are good enough for Joethepainter and SpareChaynge, they're good enough for me. Just bought a bag! Now I can get a 3-way rotation going (Adamas-V-Picks-Telefunken). :D

Ha! I picked up a bag of Adamas recently, and have been digging them too...I'm gonna order up some V-Picks over the weekend. I recall posting in your travelling picks thread about finding the V's too clicky, well I just found some clear Gravity picks in my acoustic case, they must have been what I was referring to...I strummed a little with a Gravity pick on my acoustic, it sounded like a baseball card stuck in bike spokes!

Sparechaynge wrote:Thanks!

I'm going to get a bag of 2mm and a bag of 3mm. I'm really digging my 2.75mm V-Pick, the thinner ones don't have the same fullness to my ears. I just can't get thinner picks to sound like Jer, or be useable on bass and guitar. Need more bang for the buck at these prices.

Yea, they're all pricey, but worth it! I can't use thin picks for anything anymore....

Peace, Joe
joethepainter
Pigpen
Pigpen

Postby TRG » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:34 am

Yea, they're all pricey, but worth it! I can't use thin picks for anything anymore....

Peace, Joe

Me neither, love the 2mm Adamas. I can't believe I used to use a .60mm pick :lol:
TRG
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby Sparechaynge » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:56 pm

Got my Telefunken's about a week ago, and I'm loving them. I haven't played plugged in too much, but even unplugged they sound good. Yay Jerry sounds! :D :D
Sparechaynge
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby guitarcats » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:14 am

I was sold the first time I tried one and have since bought one more bag of 12. Should last me and my son a lifetime.
guitarcats
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby tigger » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:40 am

How long it has taken someone to wear out an Adamas? I got a few loose ones last year and ended up ordering 4 bags, but am nowhere near the point of having to open one. I do tend to use the rounded corners a lot, though.
tigger
Wavy Gravy
Wavy Gravy

Postby Sparechaynge » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:43 pm

Tigger Wrote:
I do tend to use the rounded corners a lot, though.

+1. the round edges sound really great.
Sparechaynge
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby Jon S. » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:00 pm

Jon S. wrote:I'm going to admit that I've become an Adamas apostate. I still dig them but prefer the V-Pick 1.5 mm Traditional. In fact, I did a blind (for the listeners) A-B test with my band on Sunday and it was unanimous - better Jerry tones with the V-Pick. Though this finding, of course, must be taken in the context of my full rig which overlaps with, but is not identical to, Jerry's. The bottom line remains, "Listen with your ears, not your expectations."

My apostasy is over. I'm back to graphite again (preferring Telefunkens for the moment).
"For me, I think the only danger is being too much in love with guitar playing. The music is the most important thing, and the guitar is only the instrument." Jerry Garcia
Jon S.

PreviousNext

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion