Understand why there's little sweep in Wolf's tone pots

Re: Understand why there's little sweep in Wolf's tone pots

Postby SarnoMusicSolutions » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:34 pm

Is it wired wrong? The tone pot MUST be connected to the signal BEFORE the buffer.

Brad
... and it's just like any other day that's ever been...
SarnoMusicSolutions

Postby ringKing72 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:35 am

In the filter response the resonant peaking multiplies the voltage signal deliver from the PU as it passes by toward the buffer. I've heard that filter response gave Jerry the 'horn-like' quality in his tone. What exactly does 'horn-like' mean? Does this mean that when playing the highs (R=0ohms) that his notes punched through more, or did the resonant peaking really give his notes a feature that sounded like a horn.

Also, did his highs may get more sustain (say, during vibrato) because those frequencies fell within the resonant peaking? I suppose I liken this to if a frequency tone resonates, then that frequency tone is also being sustained.

thx - rk
ringKing72
"...I'll be the candle but if it's windy, look for a moonlit path to guide you to the day..."
ringKing72
Vince
Vince

Postby mgbills » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:56 am

The "Horn-Like" quality (to me) is literal. Almost French horn like, with just a touch of grit. Could be nearly brash and trumpet-like. Could be warmer & trombone like. But to my ear that French horn like quality was electrifying.

M
"Hi Ho...the Carrion Crow...FoldeRoldeRiddle"
mgbills

Previous

Return to Jerry Tone