Dozin's New Blackknife

Re: Dozin's New Blackknife

Postby Dozin » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:23 pm

Rusty the Scoob wrote:Nice! Looks a lot like a bass preamp. Onboard EQs are highly underrated in the guitar world IMHO.

I'm very surprised that I can't think of another guitar with an eq system like this. EMG has something but it's truly different. I wonder why it's not commonly used?

I know the guy that built this for me is looking to start selling these from a website. He also wants to sell it in a box like MK's. The hardest part of this system right now is finding the correct potentiometers. The ones I was able to get are NOS Ibanez parts but they're really getting hard to find. I think Eaton and I are the last ones to get the remaining pots in this guys private stock. He's looking at getting the pots custom built and then he'll be all set. I was really shocked that he sells the system at a really reasonable price. The board itself is the same price as what Jerry guys are paying for their buffers.
"If you get confused,...
Listen to the music play"
Dozin

Postby Jon S. » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:13 am

Cool guitars and thread. Dozin, this one got me to Search for Modulus also over at the Gear Page and find your posts on these fine guitars there, too. :smile:

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showth ... p?t=696004
"For me, I think the only danger is being too much in love with guitar playing. The music is the most important thing, and the guitar is only the instrument." Jerry Garcia
Jon S.

Postby Dozin » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:33 pm

BAD ASS!!!

Time for electronics!

"If you get confused,...
Dozin

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:40 am

Wow thats a beauty - Enjoy !
Tennessee Jedi

Postby Phil Lesh101 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:44 am

That looks really nice!
"I didn't ask them to misspell anything to prove their authenticity, but I believe they're legit." ~ Rusty The Scoob.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV9EGVZio2M
https://archive.org/details/DA2013-10-19
Phil Lesh101

Postby Dozin » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:38 am

Thanks! I'm stoked, can't take my mind off it ;) I wanted this guitar before the Blue one and 4 years later,.. I'm sooo close!
I think it's coming out really nice

"If you get confused,...
Dozin

Postby Deadhead85 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:42 am

Dozin wrote:
Rusty the Scoob wrote:Nice! Looks a lot like a bass preamp. Onboard EQs are highly underrated in the guitar world IMHO.

I'm very surprised that I can't think of another guitar with an eq system like this. EMG has something but it's truly different. I wonder why it's not commonly used?

I know the guy that built this for me is looking to start selling these from a website. He also wants to sell it in a box like MK's. The hardest part of this system right now is finding the correct potentiometers. The ones I was able to get are NOS Ibanez parts but they're really getting hard to find. I think Eaton and I are the last ones to get the remaining pots in this guys private stock. He's looking at getting the pots custom built and then he'll be all set. I was really shocked that he sells the system at a really reasonable price. The board itself is the same price as what Jerry guys are paying for their buffers.

I just got one made in a pedal as well! I started it over a year ago, had the board made in Germany using all the NOS Ibanez parts, to the specs! It also has the correct pots, I lucked out! I then bought pedal components and sent it all to Gary Brawer in San Fran last summer....I finally got it from him a few weeks ago! He had it finished awhile back and forgot all about it, so it sat on his shelf awhile. It works and sounds phenominal!! I wish I had regular access to a computer, so I could post pictures. I did pay the same for my board, as it costs for a Waldo buffer.
Deadhead85
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Postby eric » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:29 pm

That's a stunning pair. What's your finish process like ?
eric
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Postby Dozin » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:26 am

eric wrote:That's a stunning pair. What's your finish process like ?

Finish process? I'm not sure I know what you're asking.
"If you get confused,...
Dozin

Postby eric » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:37 am

Oh sorry , I just meant what are you using as your wood finish ?
eric
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Postby Dozin » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:44 am

Marty Bell finishes did the finish work
"If you get confused,...
Dozin

Previous

Return to Bobby Tone