Reverb unit for personal performances

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

Reverb unit for personal performances

Postby keirweir » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:12 am

I have a powered monitor that I want to use for solo acoustic performances. However, the lack of reverb is an issue for me. I have a reverb unit but the powered speaker just has an input and there's no way to run the vocals though this unit.

Can anyone recommend a small and (here's the key) affordable reverb unit I can run guitar and vocs through before it hits the powered speaker?

Thanks!
:smile:
keirweir

Re: Reverb unit for personal performances

Postby JonnyBoy » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:36 pm

You may want to use a small mixer and run a reverb pedal in the FX loop... They have some stereo reverb pedals that will take right and left inputs, but again you will have two outputs to deal with. I have a digitech vocal live pedal that you can plug a guitar into, and your Vox, then have one output. It has guitar effects (chorus, delay, reverb,etc) and vocal effects/ Vocal preamp. It also does pretty convincing harmonies and background vocal effects to thicken your vocal tone. I am pretty impressed with it for acoustic use, and used properly it really helps you sound better. I know of a few pro acoustic guys using them too with great success. It's where I first heard it myself. I think the newest versions are $299.
http://otislotus.net/ Finally finished our new site...
JonnyBoy

Postby strumminsix » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:37 pm

keirweir wrote:I have a powered monitor that I want to use for solo acoustic performances. However, the lack of reverb is an issue for me. I have a reverb unit but the powered speaker just has an input and there's no way to run the vocals though this unit.

Can anyone recommend a small and (here's the key) affordable reverb unit I can run guitar and vocs through before it hits the powered speaker?

You have 2 choices:
Simple: add a small passive desktop mixer
Better: get a Fender Acoustasonic JR, use it for your monitor as it has tilt-back legs, then your powered monitor as a main.
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/AcoustaSJDSP
strumminsix

Postby FretfulDave » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:42 pm

another nice unit:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifie ... -combo-amp

Does a very nice job on vocals. Can't speak to acoustic/electric guitar use though.
The river keeps a talkin'
FretfulDave
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby keirweir » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:24 pm

strumminsix wrote:
keirweir wrote:I have a powered monitor that I want to use for solo acoustic performances. However, the lack of reverb is an issue for me. I have a reverb unit but the powered speaker just has an input and there's no way to run the vocals though this unit.

You have 2 choices:
Simple: add a small passive desktop mixer
Better: get a Fender Acoustasonic JR, use it for your monitor as it has tilt-back legs, then your powered monitor as a main.
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/AcoustaSJDSP

I used to run the piezo on my strat through one of thoseFender Acoustasonics. Sounded AMAZING.

Sound slike the mixer might be the answer... There ain't no brad in the bradbox man!
keirweir

Postby ricepr » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:24 pm

Stomp box for guitar, they make them for vocals too. I think the LR Baggs Duet has 1/4 and xlr ins, some eq, a feedback notch filter, reverb? Korg makes something too. Like a really small foot controllable mixer
ricepr
Wavy Gravy
Wavy Gravy

Postby paulinnc » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:47 am

I have always wanted to try out one of these bad boys. the Reverbamate has dual input/outputs etc. Check it out.

http://vanamps.com/products/reverbamate/
paulinnc

Postby ricepr » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:16 am

The acoustic stomp boxes I mentioned don't have what I thought.

A Pod HD300 has a 1/4 in, an XLR in, XLR outs, and has reverb and effects, including mic pre modeling. Might mnake a nice small mixer with efffects. Or get the Bean if you don't need foot switches
ricepr
Wavy Gravy
Wavy Gravy

Return to Everything Else