NSD - true NOS JBL E120

Chat about Equipment Info

NSD - true NOS JBL E120

Postby Jon S. » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:34 pm

Cleanest JBL I've encountered in my life. After trying to save a few bucks buying 2 ratty-assed old and used ones for cheap and having issues with each, this time, I went the opposite route - paid a premium for the best condition one I could find. I just installed it into my Avatar 1X12 (pictured last below before installing the new E120). It will be a part of my backup, smaller Jerry rig: preamp to be ordered; MC50 incoming; and Avatar 1X12 w/E120. The speaker tests fine, my "problem" is now I've got to break it in! :smile:

Disclaimers: I'm happy to share whatever relevant gear knowledge or experience I have. Genuflection/payment/proof of worthiness neither sought nor accepted. I don't design, build, market, sell or endorse for pay any new music product or service. I occasionally sell personal used gear. I am an unpaid endorser of SoundScaper Productions and Godfrey Daniels Guitarworks.
Jon S.

Re: NSD - true NOS JBL E120

Postby Bobbyg » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:52 pm

Good find! I have a feeling you're going to like the tone difference between that Mac and the V300!
Bobbyg
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Re: NSD - true NOS JBL E120

Postby Smolder » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:06 pm

Nice score Jon... I love my MC50, though I haven't gotten to play it in a while ( the cover-ish gig has demanded most of my guitar time these last 60 days).
Smolder

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion