Here's a couple pictures from my phone that I took while building my "Jerry Caster" over the Christmas/New Year holiday. Mostly just "inspired by" and not made to look like or be an exact replica of anything. It's has Fender Custom Shop 69's, recommended from forum posts here. And a stratoblaster that I made using a combination of a post from waldo and the schematic at GGG.
Body Shielded, tuners installed on neck. You can see the tiger buffer and stratoblaster I made. I'm going with the stratoblaster for now, but I can swap in and out pretty easily. For now I have a bone nut. I might switch to brass.
Pickguard wired up. The DPDT toggle is wired true bypass, with the stratoblaster input grounded when off, like in a pedal. This way if the battery dies I can still have a functional guitar.
Trem blocked, stratoblaster and battery installed.
Assembled. It's strung up and setup now. It could probably use a little fret dress, but I'll have to leave that for someone more experienced.
It plays great and sounds awesome. Having just got into building pedals made the wiring and stratoblaster circuit a ton easier to do. Playing through my DIY Mutron Octave Divider and DIY Mutron III sounds really cool.
Things I didn't know going in. A switchcraft stereo jack doesn't really fit in the strat output jack route. The dremel took care of that for me. My toggle switch should have been a little closer to the tone knobs. Again, I had the break out the dremel and shave a small sliver off the route underneath the pickgaurd. Pushback cloth wire is pretty cool to use, but it does take up a lot more room, especially where all the ground tie into the volume pot.