Mu-Tron Score

Mu-Tron Score

Postby cmc64 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:39 am

So I was at work the other day (Batteries Plus) and a guy came into to pickup a few cases of Duracell ProCells for the Carnegie Science Center here in Pittsburgh. The Science Center currently has an exhibit called "Guitar: The Instrument That Rocked the World" that I had just attended and I mentioned it to him. He told me that he was involved with setting up the exhibit and playing the vintage Martins (although they needed some TLC) and a Travis Bean based guitar (can't remember the name of the luthier) was quite fun. We got to talking and I mentioned that while I enjoyed the event I felt that it barely scratched the surface (no pun intended) of the instrument itself and he agreed; it was a bit limited in scope.

Regardless we got on to playing and effects and as I was showing him the pics on my phone of my Mu-III and Phasor II he said, "You know, I used to have a Bi-Phase but it's long gone but I do have the C-100 pedal and the Vol/Wah pedal packed away in my basement. I have no use for them these days as all I play is my Martin. You want them?"

Me - (stammering) "Yes, please! What do you want for them?"

Response - "Nothing. You can have them. It's the end of camping season and I have to pack up all my outdoor gear so when I do I'll dig out the pedals. I'll be back to the store in three to four weeks to pick up more batteries - I'll bring them with me."

I really hope he does.

So now I need a Bi-Phase but the real treat is the Vol/Wah pedal - late 70's -> early 80's Playin' jams......

Here's a pic of the Bean-type axe - all aluminum - no koa (or any other wood) body
cmc64
Billy
Billy

Re: Mu-Tron Score

Postby tigger » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:30 am

That would be an Electrical - Standard Series One.
tigger
Wavy Gravy
Wavy Gravy

Return to Jerry Tone