Dead Guitar Lessons- iPhone app

Musical Theory Abound!!!

Re: Dead Guitar Lessons- iPhone app

Postby Chuckles » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:29 pm

Downloaded it for shits and giggles, but it seriously does track all of the notes JG plays. You can slow it down and learn them note for note, which can give you a little insight into some of the subtleties of his playing.

That said, I'd never use it to learn note-for-note solos to play during shows or anything. Nothing can replace the element of your own expression or spontaneity.
Seems like I've been here before...

The Road's Facebook Page (including links to tunage) is here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Road/ ... 200?ref=nf
Chuckles

Postby gr8fulbluz » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:43 am

Chuckles wrote:Downloaded it for shits and giggles, but it seriously does track all of the notes JG plays. . .

that pretty much is my experience. It can be a bit arcade like, which is not necessarily a bad thing. It is fun.
I have only used my acoustic with it.

I like the built in tuner. I have not check it for accuracy against other tuners but it seemed pretty easy to use.

Has anyone found the other songs? I only have 3. It looks like there should be more.
gr8fulbluz
Magic Hand
Magic Hand

Postby Cmnaround » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:09 am

What is cool about iRig is that you can easily load up to like 50 songs from your iPod library on your phone into the amplitude app and play along instantly - and the volumes match - can also layer upto 3 effects pedals and model like 5 different amp types, fender being the default. Even sbd or aud wav or mp3 files from shows. Nice for playing through headphones in a most portable way when lounging around the house.
Cmnaround
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby eric » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:21 pm

I too snagged the app , pretty neat ! Only 3 tunes but that's cool.. I think one of the best things about it is you get to SEE Jerry's exact timing set to grid .Similar to playing against a click track.You can visually SEE when he's comin in early or late, how long he's holding some notes etc ...Its def something a bit different than usual ...I always believe if you can get ANYTHING out of a "teaching aid" like this , than its worth it. Another tool to improve thees playing a bit.. Another sum of all it's parts analogy I suppose...and similar to how I think of Seth's GD Lessons; I'm not that big on his stuff, but I've def picked up a little lick here or there from him , so it's worth it in the end ....

And I'd like to apologize this week for whoring myself all over the forums and hijacking everyones threads left and right .. I'm out on va-ca in Sedona , AZ with nothing to do all day and no guitar ... Maybe it's all the swirling vortexes out here!!!And I left New England with the intentions of getting some serious SUN out here but it's SNOWING at the moment , here, in the middle of the DESERT , and was 87 degrees when I landed last week!! What tha...
eric
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Postby vwjodyme » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:26 pm

eric wrote:And I left New England with the intentions of getting some serious SUN out here but it's SNOWING at the moment , here, in the middle of the DESERT , and was 87 degrees when I landed last week!! What tha...

Hurry back! 70's this weekend and 80's Monday and Tuesday here in New England.
Always happens to me on vacation too :lol:
vwjodyme

Postby Arras » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:31 pm

It looks like they have added Rider from 4/11/72, its 1.99 a song. Seems reasonable.
Arras
welcome
welcome

Postby fulltone1989 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:30 pm

Cmnaround wrote:It keeps crashing on me. Downloaded the app to my iPhone, got through the introduction part then bam - nothing. Even just updated my latest iTunes and iPhone software but nada. Kinda sucks cause I already have the iRig connection - which is pretty cool itself for what it's designed for - so I'm hoping someone has some advice for me - or the developers read this and fix it so the updates work.

So it works with iRig? Cool!
Gibson ES339 and LP Studio w/ WCR Fillmores, heavily-modded PRS SE Custom. Fuchs ODS 50 Mod, Groove Tubes Soul-O 45. Emi RW&B, EVM12L, and Weber cali cabs. Lots of pedals collecting dust wabbits.
fulltone1989
tiger
tiger

Previous

Return to The Think Tank II