need help identifying a component

need help identifying a component

Postby 1dallek1 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:00 pm

what is this silver can shape thing near the 5 wat selector? it looks like a can cap but why? what is this aagh! Knowledge, one can never put a price on knowledge, and while your at it put a littel spring in it.

anyone?
thanks
ns

What would Sigmund Freud say about all of this, sometimes a spring is just a spring
Last edited by 1dallek1 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:03 am, edited 4 times in total.
!!! ALWAYS WEAR EYE PROTECTION !!!
1dallek1
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Re: what is this?

Postby waldo041 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:52 pm

1dallek1 wrote:http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.312276025479484.75492.100000912686782&type=1#!/photo.php?fbid=460702573970161&set=a.312276025479484.75492.100000912686782&type=3&theater

what is this silver can shap thing near the 5 wat selector? it looks like a can cap but why? what is this?

i know what it is! do you wanna know? it will cost you $75!

~waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby TI4-1009 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:10 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

(and in true character- or lack thereof- he didn't even credit the photo)

Translation aid:

Wat= watt
your= you're
littel= little
"Do not write so that you can be understood, write so that you cannot be misunderstood." -Epictetus

First show: 8/16/69 (Woodstock)
Last show: 3/19/95 (Unbroken Chain breakout)
Member of the Four-Decade Club
Charter Member, President & CEO of OAD (Order of the Ancient Deadheads)
TI4-1009

Postby softmachine72 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:13 am

It is a spring i think.
softmachine72
Billy
Billy

Postby 1dallek1 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:55 am

softmachine72 wrote:It is a spring i think.

thanks it looks like its encapsulated , or is it just the way the picture was taken.
i apprecieate the opinion
ns
!!! ALWAYS WEAR EYE PROTECTION !!!
1dallek1
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Postby phpbb » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:21 am

When posting links to images, please use the img tag to link to the photo.

BTW - Waldo, your knowledge of this is worth way more than 75 bucks.
phpbb

Postby hippieguy1954 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:55 am

phpbb wrote:

BTW - Waldo, your knowledge of this is worth way more than 75 bucks.

BTW phpbb, how much have you paid waldo for his knowledge?
Jim

First show: 1973
Last show: 1994
hippieguy1954

Re: need help identifying a component

Postby phpbb » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:15 am

This site has cost me thousands of dollars to host and maintain for the last 15 years. I had to pay $20K to get rukind.com from a bunch of agro investors from the days before rukind was rukind. All because I thought it'd be cool if we could have a place on the internet to talk about a subject we all love (and I love the name rukind). So, I'd put it at about $25,000 to create a place that Waldo and many others decided to show up on one day and dump all their knowledge on to this board for no other reason that they care too, and respect the scene.

And that's not including the time I spent actually developing the site, which I consider a labor of love, even though it appears at times to be for people who are really ungrateful and certainly not kind. It's like every five years we have people who come in here determined to destroy rukind, and, eventually they leave. It seems we are in one of those moments now.

In all these years, I have NEVER placed a paid banner ad, an admission fee, a commission on private sales made in the garage sale section, or asked for any money from anyone at all on this site. It has, and I wish for it to always be FREE.

What about you? Certain people get it, others don't - which one are you? Or, how about a little "live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly"

PS - we all should pay homage the man who started it all, Ed Bick.
phpbb

Postby eric » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:46 am

Hey Hippieguy, that's about the biggest douchebag of a statement you've ever spewed, and that's no little feat by your standards. You should actually read your tag line and figure out what those words mean.
eric
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Postby tcsned » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:57 am

I have been watching these posts after the the return of 1dallek1 and the visceral response he received from some and the equally visceral response those people have received in return. Most of the latter are unfamiliar with 1dallek1's checkered history on this forum. I am only somewhat familiar with everything that went down but from what I know he has crossed a few lines not the least of which are not paying for a buffer he got from Waldo then using it to backwards engineer his own to sell. Then posting reviews of his own work using an alias. I understand why those who are upset with 1dallek1 have been less than thrilled with his return to the forum. I also understand those that feel he is being treated unfairly - I think those things that seem harsh were done to warn us as he does market himself to make money doing Jerry mods. I have personally spent more than $1000 for goods and services from those who share their incredible knowledge freely and have not been disappointed. I also believe in forgiveness and if 1dallek1 would at least attempt to make things right with those who have been slighted he should be welcomed back to the community. But that doesn't seem to have happened yet. It's a bummer that there is any negativity here. I wish that he would issue a mia culpa and that those on the other end would accept it.

I think we all take for granted that this forum works and will always be here for us but a lot goes on behind the scenes that we never see that keeps rukind running. I, for one, am very grateful for the moderators and the experts who make this the best forum out there for folks like us. THANKS!
tcsned

Postby Mosfed » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:04 am

1dallek1 wrote:

what is this silver can shape thing near the 5 wat selector? it looks like a can cap but why? what is this aagh! Knowledge, one can never put a price on knowledge, and while your at it put a littel spring in it.

anyone?
thanks
ns

Dooooooouche

How come you are no longer Koonsed? Mods?

And yes while I believe in forgiveness he could start by paying Waldo for the buffer he stole
Last edited by Mosfed on Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
--
"And I'm here by the road, tied to the load, that I picked up in ten thousand cafes and bars" - Barlow
Mosfed
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby phpbb » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:07 am

Mosfed wrote:How come you are no longer Koonsed? Mods?

I personally removed it along with his signature.

I am trying to reach out to him, you know be nice, be kind, and see if things can change - and maybe we can stop with the whole douche thing.
phpbb

Postby Mosfed » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:09 am

If he wants to change he can pay Waldo the measly $75 for his buffer like the rest of us have (for reference I bought mine through Phil Gawen and I have 2 more on order with Phil and Matt Moriarty).

I am assuming that if Waldo had been paid, he wouldn't have posted as he did.

And FWIW - thank you infinite times over for rukind. Amazing site and board. Thank you thank you thank you
--
"And I'm here by the road, tied to the load, that I picked up in ten thousand cafes and bars" - Barlow
Mosfed
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby tcsned » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:40 am

I agree, it's pretty obvious where who needs to step up here.
tcsned

Postby WildEye » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:39 pm

I just wanted to add how grateful I am for this site - I've learned sooooo much from folks here more knowledgable than I, met some cool peeps too, and have really enjoyed the whole process of dialing in a tone and the what and why behind it. And what has been the best is that the vast majority of members here are very knowledgable and kind - most of what I read on the internet takes too many grains of salt to count and coming here is like an oasis. While it is entertaining to occasionally watch a pissing match... ultimately after a couple of times it gets real old. And right on tscned, I agree forgiveness, the past is the past and let's move forward... but after a while... well lets just say "there comes a time"....

But my point is this site rocks, Neil this isn't your average internet forum, be chill ask yourself if your post are to help or are they just self serving... I don't doubt you have something useful to share. Make proper amends, be chill and I think you'd be surprised...
WildEye
Mickey
Mickey

Next

Return to Cream Puff War Zone