Gibson SG Modifications

Chat about Equipment Info

Re: Gibson SG Modifications

Postby ccw3432 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:32 pm

Well I've been doing some research on this and it seems that a volume pot will have an effect in this way. Same as on the Gibson stock wiring in the middle position. Looking closer at the Gibson stock wiring the signal goes from the volume pot to the master switch before going out to the jack. I thought it went from the pickup to the master switch then out, but not the case. So what I need to do is change the signal order to pickup->mini switch->volume pot->on/off switch. When more than one pickup is on they will be effected by the other volume pot but when the pickup is swithced off it will not have any effect. I hope to do this sometime this week. I see that I may have stumbled upon a never ending project to achieve perfection through experimentation.
ccw3432
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Postby TI4-1009 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:44 am

Don't know if parts of this discussion are any help...

http://www.rukind.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=426&t=9627
"Do not write so that you can be understood, write so that you cannot be misunderstood." -Epictetus

First show: 8/16/69 (Woodstock)
Last show: 3/19/95 (Unbroken Chain breakout)
Member of the Four-Decade Club
Charter Member, President & CEO of OAD (Order of the Ancient Deadheads)
TI4-1009

Postby WildEye » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:40 pm

Does is short the ground? I've played a guitar with on/off switches and if my memory serves me right in a certain combinations of the switches the guitar goes mute (and I was told cuz the ground was shorted)... Again I don't have an answer, just more half-assed questions....
WildEye
Mickey
Mickey

Previous

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion