TRI Move me Brightly

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

Re: TRI Move me Brightly

Postby jester536 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:53 pm

Thought I already posted this but I guess not
Never saw Pig always wish I had. Saw K&D and am glad I did. Never met any of the band members. Always get worried about that. You meet someone that you've respected all your life and you find out they're a jerk. Doubt it would happen with the Dead but...
To the young guys...you sound great and I admire your style and technique and I would love to see you play sometime...but now that I've read this lengthy thread I would have absolutely no desire to strike up a conversation. Play more...post less.
If the thunder don't getcha then the lightning will!
http://www.reverbnation.com/unchartedwaters
jester536
One More Saturday Night
One More Saturday Night

Postby jeffm725 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:28 pm

Phil looks so embarrassed to have such a shoddy bass player next to him. Wish he would crack a smile or something. </sarcasm/>

.......................................................have you heard the one about the yellow dog?
jeffm725

Postby Phil Lesh101 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:36 pm

For the last time, I think he is a good bass player. I'm not so much into the music and I think that he doesn't play like Phil Lesh. I obviously angered some of ya'll and I'm sorry, ARE ME DONE TALKING ABOUT MIKE!
"I didn't ask them to misspell anything to prove their authenticity, but I believe they're legit." ~ Rusty The Scoob.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV9EGVZio2M
https://archive.org/details/DA2013-10-19
Phil Lesh101

Postby The Stag » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:49 pm

jeffm725 wrote:Phil looks so embarrassed to have such a shoddy bass player next to him. Wish he would crack a smile or something. </sarcasm/>

putz.......mmkay
Dan Jr
The Stag
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby waldo041 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:01 pm

The Gordon Long Mackey Band

relax, it is just pokin fun! :lol:

~waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby ebick » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:55 pm

Rusty the Scoob wrote:
The Stag wrote:you are absoulutly right jeffm725kjshfurgjdsf,I still think he sucks mmkay

and we're also very sick of seeing you type "mmkay". But thanks for your valuable input.

Man, I'm glad someone sad that!!! Lol.
Ed

First Show - 5/5/77
Last Show - 3/28/93
ebick

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:40 am

Phil Lesh101 wrote:For the last time, I think he is a good bass player. I'm not so much into the music and I think that he doesn't play like Phil Lesh. I obviously angered some of ya'll and I'm sorry, ARE ME DONE TALKING ABOUT MIKE!

Here's a tip: if you want to drop a discussion topic, a pretty good way to start is by NOT reposting the same opinion that people have been blasting you for for the past week. :lol:
Rusty the Scoob

Postby Mr.Burns » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:39 am

Don't let up now, everybody, I think he's about to crack.

At this point in the brainwashing process, we need to put one "in the barrel", and then follow up with a physical fight between the two subjects.

If we all just push a little harder, maybe we can get one to say he loves Phish.

I've never seen a group of "adults" treat children so carelessly in public. We should be offering guidance instead of pontificating and explaining the etiquette of blasting these kids for their OPINIONS.

It's ok to hate Phish. It's ok to hate Gordon. It's ok to say they both suck. It's also ok to call these kids trolls. But where does that leave you? Defending Gordon? That's not a place I'd ever want to be. These kids formulated THEIR OWN opinions about Gordon and they're probably too young to have heard about his extreme douchebaggery at Jones Beach in 03.

If that whole thing was a misunderstanding, even if Mike Gordon isn't really a creepy pedophile, please tell me why do these grand misunderstandings seemingly only happen to people that already look/act like creepos?

And, if it was a misunderstanding, why has Mike given the girl's family(not to mention the Hell's Angels who tazered his nuts) so much money? :?:
Mr.Burns
Phil
Phil

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:30 am

I think I just lost 15 IQ points after reading that.
Rusty the Scoob

Postby Phil Lesh101 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:02 am

I just apologized so maybe not everyone would hate me anymore! I don't want people to hate me for my opinion.
"I didn't ask them to misspell anything to prove their authenticity, but I believe they're legit." ~ Rusty The Scoob.
Phil Lesh101

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:09 am

Phil Lesh101 wrote:I just apologized so maybe not everyone would hate me anymore! I don't want people to hate me for my opinion.

People were just having some fun with you. I don't agree with your opinion (and someday I think you won't, either) but if anyone actually wants to hate you for it, they can answer to me. :peas:
Rusty the Scoob

Postby Lunchbox16 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:19 pm

So it's ok to be obnoxious and a troll but then cry foul when people call you out on it?

It might behoove these kids to do more reading than posting at this point. If these kids are going to post on an Internet forum with people who have very diverse tastes, and much more perspective and life experience they need to be able to accept it when people call them out on their errors. Hate is a strong word. Do I hate these kids? No. Do I find them consistently obnoxious and ill-informed? Yes. How many truly constructive posts have they contributed since joining?

If they keep posting junk people will keep calling them out until they either learn or leave.

If they want to read correctives as attacks or hate then that just proves how much perspective they need. The arrogance of youth is annoying. I come here to learn from fellow heads and this type of non-productive drivel really detracts from it, even when I try to ignore it.
"Is maith an scéalaí an aimsir." Time is a great storyteller. -- Irish Proverb
Lunchbox16
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby Pete B. » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:39 pm

I think these guys are acting exactly like most boys their age that play guitar or bass in a band.
We were all that age once.
mmember the good ol' days?!... when your folks said stuff like...
Uhh, Son?... 'Any chance you can move-out while you still know-it-all???
Hmmm...
'Looking at those tribute guitars... i'm wishin' my Dad was Dan Sr. mmkay?

Yo :cool: :wink:
Pete B.

Postby ebick » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:28 pm

Pete B. wrote:'Looking at those tribute guitars... i'm wishin' my Dad was Dan Sr. mmkay?

No kidding!
Ed

First Show - 5/5/77
Last Show - 3/28/93
ebick

Postby Phil Lesh101 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:12 pm

Lunchbox16 wrote:So it's ok to be obnoxious and a troll but then cry foul when people call you out on it?

It might behoove these kids to do more reading than posting at this point. If these kids are going to post on an Internet forum with people who have very diverse tastes, and much more perspective and life experience they need to be able to accept it when people call them out on their errors. Hate is a strong word. Do I hate these kids? No. Do I find them consistently obnoxious and ill-informed? Yes. How many truly constructive posts have they contributed since joining?

If they keep posting junk people will keep calling them out until they either learn or leave.

If they want to read correctives as attacks or hate then that just proves how much perspective they need. The arrogance of youth is annoying. I come here to learn from fellow heads and this type of non-productive drivel really detracts from it, even when I try to ignore it.

Fair enough. I am not crying, I am just saying Phish at this point is not the band for me.
Phil Lesh101

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Else