Guitar is acting up on me....

Guitar is acting up on me....

Postby JonnyBoy » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:00 pm

I have noticed that my guitar is starting to do something funny. It all started about three months ago on a recording, I noticed that some notes I made had a strange phaser-like effect to it, then it wouldn't. Over time it happened more often.

Last night I plugged into my back up amp (crate block->e120's) and it still did it. So, obviously its in my guitar chain. My chain goes guitar (rosebud wiring wald buffer) into a digitech hardwire delay pedal, SMS-> MAC-> E120's. Even with the OBEL disconnected it was there. I thought maybe it was a broken toggle going to my bridge pickup causing phase issues, I disconnected that and its still there. It happened once in a while now its all the time. I am not asking for the actual answer, (althought that would be nice), but maybe some ideas to troubleshoot.... I did change the battery in the buffer.

I just hooked up my guitar->digitech->HRD3 and its fine. This is driving me nuts!!!
http://otislotus.net/ Finally finished our new site...
JonnyBoy

Re: Guitar is acting up on me....

Postby barefootdave » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:03 pm

Is your ceiling fan on ? I had the same problem, was making me crazy, and I just saw an old thread today about it. Turned off the fan, problem solved.
Barefoot Dave
"His job is too shed light, not to master"
barefootdave
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Re: Guitar is acting up on me....

Postby JonnyBoy » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:55 pm

barefootdave wrote:Is your ceiling fan on ? I had the same problem, was making me crazy, and I just saw an old thread today about it. Turned off the fan, problem solved.

LOL, I have had that issue before. It is something that happens at gigs and almost every venue I play, including our reharsal space. It seems to happen less in my house! Go figure.

I almost sounds like a ring modulator.

But thanks for the thought!!!! I am really stumped!!!! :cool:

I am thinking it may be my delay pedal since it got wet once, (dancer spilling beer), but I have it hooked up now and its fine. It seems to happen in venues outside in the heat more often but not exclusively... This is nuts!
http://otislotus.net/ Finally finished our new site...
JonnyBoy

Return to Guitar Building and Mods