TRI Move me Brightly

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

TRI Move me Brightly

Postby Cmnaround » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:20 am

Wow what a show! Here is a breakdown posted from Hidden Track:
Also stream will ba available on yahoo this weekend

The Wheel > Cumberland Blues (Phil Lesh, Bob Weir, Donna Jean Godchaux, Neal Casal, Jon Graboff, Jason Roberts, Joe Russo, Jeff Chimenti),

Loser (Casal, Russo, Weir, Mike Gordon, Chimenti, Godchaux, Jim Lauderdale, Roberts, Graboff, Adam McDougall),

Mississippi Half Step (Weir, Gordon, Jim Lauderdale, Godchaux, Graboff, Casal, Chimenti, Russo),

Dire Wolf (Weir, Harper Simon, Gordon, Russo, Godchaux, Graboff, Chimenti, Josh Kaufman, Sam Cohen),

Dupree’s Diamond Blues (Chimenti, Casal, Russo, Gordon, Cass McCombs, Sam Cohen, Josh Kaufman),

Tennessee Jed (Chimenti, Casal, Godchaux, Russo, Gordon, Weir, Roberts, Graboff),

Ship Of Fools (Chimenti, Casal, Godchaux, Russo, Gordon, Weir, Graboff), 

They Love Each Other (Chimenti, Casal, Godchaux, Russo, Weir, Gordon, Jonathan Wilson, Graboff),

Bird Song (Chimenti, Casal, Godchaux, Russo, Weir, Gordon, Graboff),

New Speedway Boogie (Chimenti, McDougall, Casal, Godchaux, Russo, Weir, Gordon, Roberts, Graboff),

Loose Lucy (Weir Solo Acoustic),

Friend of the Devil (Lauderdale, Simon, McCombs),

Mission In The Rain (Chimenti, Casal, Godchaux, RussYo, Gordon, Wilson),

Ramble On Rose (Chimenti, Casal, Russo, Weir, Gordon, Wilson), 

Catfish John (McDougall, Chimenti, Casal, Russo, Godchaux, Gordon, Weir, Wilson, Graboff)

Shakedown Street (McDougall, Chimenti, Simon, Godchaux, Chris Tomson, Godchaux, Gordon, Weir, Kaufman, Cohen),

Terrapin Station (Chimenti, Godchaux, Russo, Gordon, McCombs, Weir, Kaufman, Cohen, Graboff),

He’s Gone (Chimenti, Russo, Godchaux, Weir, Gordon, Kaufman, Cohen, Graboff),

Eyes Of The World (McDougall, Chimenti, Simon, Godchaux, Russo, Weir, Gordon, Lauderdale, Kaufman, Cohen, Graboff),

Scarlet Begonias (Chimenti, Craig Finn, Tad Kubler, Russo, Godchaux, Weir, Gordon, Kaufman, Cohen, Graboff),

Don’t Let Go (Chimenti, Finn, Godchaux, Graboff, Russo, Weir, Gordon, Wilson, Simon),

Days Between (Chimenti, Casal, Russo, Weir, Gordon, Kaufman, Wilson, Cohen)

> Franklin’s Tower (Chimenti, McDougall, Casal, Russo, Simon, Weir, Wilson, Godchaux, Gordon, Kaufman, Cohen, Graboff, Tomson, Lauderdale),

U.S. Blues (Chimenti, McDougall, Casal, Russo, Simon, Weir, Wilson, Godchaux, Gordon, Kaufman, Cohen, Graboff, Lauderdale, Finn),

Goin’ Down The Road Feelin’ Bad (Chimenti, McDougall, Casal, Russo, Simon, Weir, Wilson, Godchaux, Gordon, Kaufman, Cohen, Graboff, McCombs, Lauderdale, Finn),

Ripple (Chimenti, McDougall, Godchaux, Simon, Wilson, Tomson, Casal, Roberts, Kaufman, Weir, Gordon, Russo, Wilson, Lauderdale, Graboff)
Cmnaround
Rosemary
Rosemary

Re: TRI Move me Brightly

Postby PaulJay » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:06 am

This was truly an amazing show. And like Bob said, I don't know who the hell anyone is. Thanks for posting the list.
PaulJay
Billy
Billy

Postby waldo041 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:23 am

this was an awesome tribute! imo, Everyone played great but Mike Gordon was the highlight of the night, dude laid it down Lesh style and kept it all together!

~waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby Phil Lesh101 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:32 am

I wish Phil didn't have to leave and play with yonder mountain String Band at his place!
I loved the whole thing especially the end when they played Morning Dew from Alpine Valley 1989, Then played To lay me Down during the credits :cry: :smile:
"I didn't ask them to misspell anything to prove their authenticity, but I believe they're legit." ~ Rusty The Scoob.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV9EGVZio2M
https://archive.org/details/DA2013-10-19
Phil Lesh101

Postby gr8fullfred » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:03 am

Also have to comment on the technology aspect of the show. Very high quality vid and audio that streamed quite smoothly on my internet connection. What would Jerry think of this? High quality aud and vid streamed directly to the living rooms of the deadheads. Hey man, that's cool!
gr8fullfred
Jerry
Jerry

Postby TI4-1009 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:53 pm

TRI told me it would be available on Yahoo Music for two months, I can't seen to find it- yet. Anyone? Sirius will be rebroadcasting audio a few times this week.
"Do not write so that you can be understood, write so that you cannot be misunderstood." -Epictetus

First show: 8/16/69 (Woodstock)
Last show: 3/19/95 (Unbroken Chain breakout)
Member of the Four-Decade Club
Charter Member, President & CEO of OAD (Order of the Ancient Deadheads)
TI4-1009

Postby vwjodyme » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:45 am

waldo041 wrote:this was an awesome tribute! imo, Everyone played great but Mike Gordon was the highlight of the night, dude laid it down Lesh style and kept it all together!

~waldo

I was wondering about that,Lesh style. They kept showing close ups on his hands then when Gordon came in his hands were doing the exact same things, same pick attack, muting the strings, etc... I was wondering if that was phil style or if lots of bassist play that way. Guess i've never focused on the bass player when watching a band.

Anyone know who any of the other guys where? I saw some were from chris robinson's band, and some were from vampire weekend ( a new alt rock band i think)
vwjodyme

Postby easytoslip » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:29 pm

easytoslip
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby jeffm725 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:59 am

vwjodyme wrote:
waldo041 wrote:this was an awesome tribute! imo, Everyone played great but Mike Gordon was the highlight of the night, dude laid it down Lesh style and kept it all together!

~waldo

I was wondering about that,Lesh style. They kept showing close ups on his hands then when Gordon came in his hands were doing the exact same things, same pick attack, muting the strings, etc... I was wondering if that was phil style or if lots of bassist play that way. Guess i've never focused on the bass player when watching a band.

Anyone know who any of the other guys where? I saw some were from chris robinson's band, and some were from vampire weekend ( a new alt rock band i think)

Nah, that is Total unique Phil style. Mike Gordon just LOVES Phil and loves GD material and can nail that shit all day long. If Gordon wasn't in the most successful touring band since GD he would probably be on rukind in the bass forum discussing the minutiae of "phil tone" and "phil style" with all the rest of us nuts. :smile: He's a total Gearhead. Back in the 90's before the first Phish hiatus one of the Dead road crew brought Phil's rig out to Shoreline so Mike could play through it and check it out. He KNOWS that stuff. I dare say that DSO with Mike Gordon on bass would be scary, scary good. Not a knock on Kevin Rosen at all, great player. But Mike is intimate with the "Phil zone". When he is afforded the opportunity to play in that style you can close your eyes and be convinced you are hearing Phil, he can get that close.
.......................................................have you heard the one about the yellow dog?
jeffm725

Postby tigger » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:37 am

All I caught was Scarlet Begonias. Whovever that guy was singing deserves a heavy fine, if not jail time.
tigger
Wavy Gravy
Wavy Gravy

Postby dleonard » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:59 am

tigger wrote:All I caught was Scarlet Begonias. Whovever that guy was singing deserves a heavy fine, if not jail time.

Unfortunately, there are tons of guys out there who dress up like Elvis Costello and consider themselves "musicians". Watch the bands on any late night show. ughh
dleonard
Bear
Bear

Postby Grant » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:30 am

Great to see Casal and Graboff together again. Wish the Cardinals could reform
Grant
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Postby Phil Lesh101 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:48 am

How do you think Mike Gordon plays like Phil. Saying that is like slapping Phil in the face with a dead possum. :-x
"I didn't ask them to misspell anything to prove their authenticity, but I believe they're legit." ~ Rusty The Scoob.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV9EGVZio2M
https://archive.org/details/DA2013-10-19
Phil Lesh101

Postby Octal » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:37 pm

Something was up that night. I tuned in and started watching; they were playing Tennessee Jed. After listening for a minute I thought "This would be cool, but I'm not a huge fan of Casey Jones."

About half way through the bridge I realized what song was actually playing.
Octal
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby TI4-1009 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:54 am

Phil Lesh101 wrote:How do you think Mike Gordon plays like Phil. Saying that is like slapping Phil in the face with a dead possum. :-x

WTF???????
"Do not write so that you can be understood, write so that you cannot be misunderstood." -Epictetus

First show: 8/16/69 (Woodstock)
Last show: 3/19/95 (Unbroken Chain breakout)
Member of the Four-Decade Club
Charter Member, President & CEO of OAD (Order of the Ancient Deadheads)
TI4-1009

Next

Return to Everything Else