Need help from Waldo wiring up JBL's in Birch cabPLEASE!!!!!

Need help from Waldo wiring up JBL's in Birch cabPLEASE!!!!!

Postby hawk900 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:45 am

Hey master waldo. I'm almost finished building my deluxe 4xk120's in a 6foot tall russian birch cab. Gonna power this beauty up with mc2300 with bottom run facing inside for micing and reverb. Now I've installed 3 e-120's in one of jerry last cabs(insulated) powered up with mc2100.
I know there was a schem on here on how to wire these speakers in parrallel and or series.
Anyhelp would be appreciated.
Thanks.
hawk900
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Re: Need help from Waldo wiring up JBL's in Birch cabPLEASE!

Postby mijknahs » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:14 pm

C'mon man it's not that hard to wire up speakers! Just google "speaker wiring". Anyone can do it.
mijknahs

Postby strumminsix » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:21 pm

mijknahs wrote:C'mon man it's not that hard to wire up speakers! Just google "speaker wiring". Anyone can do it.

Shut up. You are not Waldo. This is for him and him alone. :lol:
strumminsix

Postby mijknahs » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:26 pm

strumminsix wrote:
mijknahs wrote:C'mon man it's not that hard to wire up speakers! Just google "speaker wiring". Anyone can do it.

Shut up. You are not Waldo. This is for him and him alone. :lol:

True! True! Just couldn't help myself...
mijknahs

Postby barefootdave » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:49 pm

That seems a little harsh Strummin. The guy made a public post instead of a PM to Waldo. If someone wants to make fun of a guy that seems to know everything about JG guitar wiring but nothing about his cabinet wiring, why not let him?

Waldo will come to the rescue soon enough, he always does...
Barefoot Dave
"His job is too shed light, not to master"
barefootdave
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Postby mijknahs » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:04 pm

barefootdave wrote:That seems a little harsh Strummin. The guy made a public post instead of a PM to Waldo. If someone wants to make fun of a guy that seems to know everything about JG guitar wiring but nothing about his cabinet wiring, why not let him?

I think you might have missed the LOL laughing face after Strummin6's comment...
mijknahs

Postby strumminsix » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:31 pm

barefootdave wrote:That seems a little harsh Strummin. The guy made a public post instead of a PM to Waldo. If someone wants to make fun of a guy that seems to know everything about JG guitar wiring but nothing about his cabinet wiring, why not let him?

What's harsh about being funny?

I find it hilarious (hence used the laughing emoticon) when people reach out to specific individuals in public forums vs sending that individual a private message or email.

OP - the only trick with JBLs is their red and black are opposite of every other type of speaker out there less the Weber Neo's which are JBL clones so they marked theirs backwards too.
strumminsix

Postby mijknahs » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:55 pm

strumminsix wrote:OP - the only trick with JBLs is their red and black are opposite of every other type of speaker out there less the Weber Neo's which are JBL clones so they marked theirs backwards too.

But it doesn't matter if you wire them "the wrong way" as long as you're using all JBLs and the are all wired "wrong" together. The problem occurs when you mix them with other speakers that mark their positive and negative terminals correctly (red=positive). Then they could be out of phase.
mijknahs

Postby strumminsix » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:00 pm

mijknahs wrote:
strumminsix wrote:OP - the only trick with JBLs is their red and black are opposite of every other type of speaker out there less the Weber Neo's which are JBL clones so they marked theirs backwards too.

But it doesn't matter if you wire them "the wrong way" as long as you're using all JBLs and the are all wired "wrong" together. The problem occurs when you mix them with other speakers that mark their positive and negative terminals correctly (red=positive). Then they could be out of phase.

Totally agree. As I am OCD about these things I like to connect my + to + and - to - and don't like it the other way around. Just cuz of my OCD.
strumminsix

Postby waldo041 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:46 pm

calling me master? NO SOUP FOR YOU!!! :lol:

~waldo
Last edited by waldo041 on Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
waldo041

Postby mijknahs » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:03 pm

hawk900 wrote:Hey master waldo. I'm almost finished building my deluxe 4xk120's in a 6foot tall russian birch cab. Gonna power this beauty up with mc2300 with bottom run facing inside for micing and reverb. Now I've installed 3 e-120's in one of jerry last cabs(insulated) powered up with mc2100.
I know there was a schem on here on how to wire these speakers in parrallel and or series.
Anyhelp would be appreciated.
Thanks.

hawk900:

This should help you wire your speakers whether in parallel or series:

http://www.colomar.com/Shavano/spkr_wiring.html
mijknahs

Postby barefootdave » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:36 am

I did miss the laughing face, but I see it now.

Guess I must have mistakenly hit the switch on iPad that changed it to serial instead of parallel...

How unJerry of me. :lol:
Barefoot Dave
"His job is too shed light, not to master"
barefootdave
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Postby strumminsix » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:23 am

barefootdave wrote:I did miss the laughing face, but I see it now.

Guess I must have mistakenly hit the switch on iPad that changed it to serial instead of parallel...

How unJerry of me. :lol:

LOL but the iPad NEVER had that switch, hahaha
strumminsix

Postby playingdead » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:42 am

mijknahs wrote:But it doesn't matter if you wire them "the wrong way" as long as you're using all JBLs and the are all wired "wrong" together. The problem occurs when you mix them with other speakers that mark their positive and negative terminals correctly (red=positive). Then they could be out of phase.

How sure are we that it doesn't matter if they are wired backwards? When positive and negative are reversed, if you apply voltage to the coil, the cone moves in instead of out. The battery test will demonstrate that.

It's far worse if you have two speakers with one out of phase, as they will cancel each other and thin out the sound, but the speakers should be moving out, not in, as designed. Right?
playingdead

Postby hawk900 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:19 pm

No I don't know even close to everything about guitar wiring. In parallel wiring the 2+ coil wires are tied and the black and whites are tied together. Again I repeat if you haven't strummed a jer intro in parallel and then kicked over for split for lead than no opinion is better than your bashing comment. Birthday's over now it's time to bash the people who only talk from experience. After the hundreds of thank you pm's you on look like more of an ass.
OK listen people please no one answer let's leave it up to the kind head barefootdave to see if he has an intelligent answer since he has contributed so much to all of us here there shouldn't be no probs.
Lets try that again Russian birch cab holding four k120's@8ohms. Which ohm tap should I used in the back of the mc2300 plus should I wire these babies in series or paralell to a get a full conal experience from this beautiful 2300. Stereo switch flipped too???? WE need all the details birckenstock dave. Question 2 .3 e120's series/parallel in a 2100. which ohm tap and such specific details should suffice. Yes these all come out of the two bad boy mc2100 and 2300.
I don't know everything about guitar wiring and even waldo and myself discovered a phase issue way back. Also if you have rocked it don't knock it.
Lets hear these detailed answers mr mcintosh barefooter. Also based on your speaker wiring and the variations you'll need to screw into proper ohm screw on the MC.
Actually pm's are rude unless they are pre arranged.
One more thing my barefoot. Just tell me one thing you helped people on this forum with. I'd love to hear your in depth analysys.
Thanks again waldo and keep up the great devotion. Maybe Fred Flintstone got banned from the thrash metal forum and has turned his guns here on me . Damn no sleep for me. Thanks to all ChrisG.
hawk900
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Next

Return to Cabinets