looking for OBEL Junction Box or Y cable

Chat about Equipment Info

looking for OBEL Junction Box or Y cable

Postby svgiles » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:58 am

I just acquired a sweet guitar with an on board effects loop. Hard Truckers does not have any junction boxes left. I cannot find a junction box or a stereo y cable to use for the effects loop. Does any know where I can purchase either a junction box or a y cable? Any help would be immensely appreciated.
-Steve
svgiles
welcome
welcome

Re: looking for OBEL Junction Box or Y cable

Postby tcsned » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:18 pm

svgiles wrote:I just acquired a sweet guitar with an on board effects loop. Hard Truckers does not have any junction boxes left. I cannot find a junction box or a stereo y cable to use for the effects loop. Does any know where I can purchase either a junction box or a y cable? Any help would be immensely appreciated.
-Steve

Godfrey's HubBub is cool, i had to reverse the wiring on my guitar jack. I believe Andrew Olson makes a really nice one too. They're both members here.
tcsned

Postby milobender » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:33 am

I can make you one too... pm me if you are interested :smile:
Everything we know is wrong...
www.9mileskid.com
milobender
Jerry
Jerry

Postby WildEye » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:08 pm

Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents and say milobender does great work.
WildEye
Mickey
Mickey

Postby Jon S. » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:46 am

I dug my Godfrey Guitarworks box so much I copped a second. I also use his "Jerry" cables.
"For me, I think the only danger is being too much in love with guitar playing. The music is the most important thing, and the guitar is only the instrument." Jerry Garcia
Jon S.

Postby jkstraw » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:48 am

I don't want to knock anyone's work - but in the interest of sharing with the community - I didn't have a great experience with Godfrey. I lost $100 on the hubbub when it was lost in shipping....the kick in the gut was the Jerry cable I bought was put together poorly (pictures here: viewtopic.php?f=309&t=8801#p87448) - I had to re-do it myself to get it working.

I am by no means knocking other people's positive experience with him and his products. Just sharing a counter point to help in your evaluation. He is a one man shop and I am sure he is only getting better. YMMV
jkstraw
Jerry
Jerry

Postby svgiles » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:09 pm

Thanks everyone! I have one on the way from Andrew Olson. I appreciate all the help!
svgiles
welcome
welcome

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion