looking for OBEL Junction Box or Y cable

Chat about Equipment Info

looking for OBEL Junction Box or Y cable

Postby svgiles » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:58 am

I just acquired a sweet guitar with an on board effects loop. Hard Truckers does not have any junction boxes left. I cannot find a junction box or a stereo y cable to use for the effects loop. Does any know where I can purchase either a junction box or a y cable? Any help would be immensely appreciated.
-Steve
svgiles
welcome
welcome

Re: looking for OBEL Junction Box or Y cable

Postby tcsned » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:18 pm

svgiles wrote:I just acquired a sweet guitar with an on board effects loop. Hard Truckers does not have any junction boxes left. I cannot find a junction box or a stereo y cable to use for the effects loop. Does any know where I can purchase either a junction box or a y cable? Any help would be immensely appreciated.
-Steve

Godfrey's HubBub is cool, i had to reverse the wiring on my guitar jack. I believe Andrew Olson makes a really nice one too. They're both members here.
tcsned

Postby milobender » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:33 am

I can make you one too... pm me if you are interested :smile:
IO Custom Guitars
www.iocustomguitars.com
Everything we know is wrong...
milobender

Postby WildEye » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:08 pm

Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents and say milobender does great work.
WildEye
Mickey
Mickey

Postby Jon S. » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:46 am

I dug my Godfrey Guitarworks box so much I copped a second. I also use his "Jerry" cables.
Disclaimers: I'm happy to share whatever relevant gear knowledge or experience I have. Genuflection/payment/proof of worthiness neither sought nor accepted. I don't design, build, market, sell or endorse for pay any new music product or service. I occasionally sell personal used gear. I am an unpaid endorser of SoundScaper Productions and Godfrey Daniels Guitarworks.
Jon S.

Postby jkstraw » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:48 am

I don't want to knock anyone's work - but in the interest of sharing with the community - I didn't have a great experience with Godfrey. I lost $100 on the hubbub when it was lost in shipping....the kick in the gut was the Jerry cable I bought was put together poorly (pictures here: viewtopic.php?f=309&t=8801#p87448) - I had to re-do it myself to get it working.

I am by no means knocking other people's positive experience with him and his products. Just sharing a counter point to help in your evaluation. He is a one man shop and I am sure he is only getting better. YMMV
jkstraw
Jerry
Jerry

Postby svgiles » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:09 pm

Thanks everyone! I have one on the way from Andrew Olson. I appreciate all the help!
svgiles
welcome
welcome

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion