Buffers

Buffers

Postby mrMix » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:40 am

Silly questions - Waldo's site has no buffers in stock - anyone have experience with the CB1? Waldo - any idea when you'll have availability?
Thanks!
mrMix
Sitting plush with royal flush. Aces back to back...
mrMix
Brent
Brent

Re: Buffers

Postby mgbills » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:30 pm

Scary! He must be waiting for parts.....just a guess.
Hopefully, he'll chime in.
Peace
M
"Hi Ho...the Carrion Crow...FoldeRoldeRiddle"
mgbills

Postby Coldshotblues » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:04 pm

I'm using the CB2 in my Tiger and my "Jerry Caster" It does the job great! Very nice clarity without any level boost. It powers through several pedals in my chain and delivers a clean vibrant tone. You won't be disappointed with either waldos or the CB. :wink:
Coldshotblues
TC
TC

Postby cmc64 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:10 pm

What doo you guys think of the Jangletone with the unity to +6dB gain knob? Sounds like the buffer with a bit of the Alembic Blaster tossed in for good measure. Doesn't quite have the frequency response of the CB-1/TPC-1 Wideband UGB - is that such a worry/ Have some concerns about the loss of bass response since it starts out at 80hZ.
cmc64
Billy
Billy

Postby Jon S. » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:36 pm

I have the CB1 in one of my "Tigers" and the Wald Electronics in my other. I deem them both to be fine buffers. I don't think a guitarist can go wrong with either one.
Last edited by Jon S. on Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"For me, I think the only danger is being too much in love with guitar playing. The music is the most important thing, and the guitar is only the instrument." Jerry Garcia
Jon S.

Postby Mosfed » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:38 pm

I have an extraordinarily high esteem of Waldo and his buffers. I have them in 3 guitars.

I would wait for one.

F
--
"And I'm here by the road, tied to the load, that I picked up in ten thousand cafes and bars" - Barlow
Mosfed
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:42 am

Mosfed wrote:I have an extraordinarily high esteem of Waldo and his buffers. I have them in 3 guitars.

I would wait for one.

F

Me too, having replaced a competitor's buffer with a Waldo buffer in Keir's guitar, I was amazed at how much more "Sparkle" and musicality it had. I wish I could remember what the other one was but maybe it's better that I don't. It wasn't bad, but just didn't sound as nice.
Rusty the Scoob

Return to Jerry Tone