For players interested in the Line 6 M13, as promised, here is what I'm currently using as my 12 effects in my Jerry scene (I have other scenes set up for other types of music, e.g., blues, U2, etc. - but this is the scene I use with the Thankful Dads). I'm posting both to share with others - perhaps give you some new ideas to try - as well as to invite you to share any ideas you have that I could learn from (look at it as open-sourcing for Jerry M13 scenes!).
What I'm not
- claiming that the M13 or any individual models in it are "better" than the originals they copy;
- claiming that the M13 models "sound just like Jerry";
- suggesting Jerry would have used one had he lived long enough to see one;
- trying to talk anyone into buying or trying an M13;
- inviting requests to create mp3s or videos to demo the models audibly (not my schtick).
It's just a box of rain - believe it if you need it, if you don't just pass it on.
If you have an M13 now, perhaps you'll want to try these at home and let us know what you think of 'em. If you don't but want to hear them, you can always print out or copy the jpegs below and bring them with you to any music store with 3 effect models in each post. The M13 is configured to allow you to have 12 effects available on each scene in banks of 4 sets of 3. You can turn on, or not turn on, any one of the 3 effects in each bank at a time, i.e., you can run up to 4 effects simultaneously (1+1+1+1 from each bank of 3), fewer if you like, but not more simultaneously (unless the effect is a global one like the M13s noise gate, which I've turned on in my unit and configured to run as transparently as I can get it - quite nice, actually).