Phil at TXR: No more Eden cabs?

Phil at TXR: No more Eden cabs?

Postby snogaws » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:34 am

I just stumbled upon some videos of Furthur at Terrapin Crossroads from this past wednesday, and unless my eyes deceived me, it looks like Phil isn't using his Eden D410XLT cabs... What is he using?

snogaws
bruce
bruce

Re: Phil at TXR: No more Eden cabs?

Postby Phil Lesh101 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:16 pm

It looks like a Meyers sound logo but I bet he will be playing the Edens for the summer tour next week 8)
"I didn't ask them to misspell anything to prove their authenticity, but I believe they're legit." ~ Rusty The Scoob.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV9EGVZio2M
https://archive.org/details/DA2013-10-19
Phil Lesh101

Postby Phil Lesh101 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:43 am

I have stumbled upon a photo that tells me that I am right, they are Meyers sound speakers right from Furthur's PA. that it clearly to big for Terrapin crossroads.

"I didn't ask them to misspell anything to prove their authenticity, but I believe they're legit." ~ Rusty The Scoob.
Phil Lesh101

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:15 am

That's why I don't get too excited about bass rigs. Anything that's loud enough and pretty clean will do the job. (Even if it's rented! :twisted: )
Rusty the Scoob

Postby Phil Lesh101 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:31 pm

Really? Because I get supper excited over Phil's normal rig...IT IS SWEET.
But I'm positive those are from Furthur's normal PA speakers, The top one looks like it's off the line array set.
Phil Lesh101

Postby BassPlayerLB » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:53 pm

Not sure if he's using them or not but it looks like his head is sitting on top of 2 eden cabs. They may not be but they sure look a lot like the eden cabs do from the side with the same plastic corners.
BassPlayerLB
bruce
bruce

Postby tigerstrat » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:58 pm

Rusty the Scoob wrote:That's why I don't get too excited about bass rigs. Anything that's loud enough and pretty clean will do the job. (Even if it's rented! :twisted: )

Definitely with you on that. Loud, clean, no shrill tweeter/horns, and it's pretty tough to distinguish from one to the next in a live setting.
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:50 am

My SWR 2x10" cab stopped working after taking a tumble a few months ago, and I don't even miss it. 1x15" works just fine for Phil and John Kahn. I'd want it back if I were playing more Phish though.

BassPlayerLB wrote:Not sure if he's using them or not but it looks like his head is sitting on top of 2 eden cabs. They may not be but they sure look a lot like the eden cabs do from the side with the same plastic corners.

Good eye - facing sideways too, and pointed either directly into the Meyers or away from the drummer. They might just be unplugged and stacked there to put the Eden preamp at a convenient height for Phil to reach the knobs.
Rusty the Scoob

Postby Cmnaround » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:27 am

Rusty the Scoob wrote:That's why I don't get too excited about bass rigs. Anything that's loud enough and pretty clean will do the job. (Even if it's rented! :twisted: )

Hehehe yeah but Meyer sound cabs are unlike anything else out there. I thought I knew a lot about audio and pro equipment and then I read up on what Meyer does and it is at a different level, unattainable by most unless you have muchos bucks and an engineer to design your rig for you. Terrapin Crossroads website indicated they were going to install a similar Meyer constallation system like there is at TRI - don't know if that happened yet, but will be cool to see how they integrate the bass into that system.
Cmnaround
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby Stone » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:22 pm

Phil Lesh101 wrote:Really? Because I get supper excited over Phil's normal rig...IT IS SWEET.
But I'm positive those are from Furthur's normal PA speakers, The top one looks like it's off the line array set.

I doubt they are going to pull a matched rig apart off a semi for phils rig in his club. Besides those speakers don't appear to have any rigging points on them to be "from furthurs pa" not to mention furthur doesnt own the pa they tour with anyways. My guess is that we will be seeing alot of new rigs and things tried out at the club especially since Meyer is based in Ca.
Stone
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:59 am

Cmnaround wrote:

Hehehe yeah but Meyer sound cabs are unlike anything else out there. I thought I knew a lot about audio and pro equipment and then I read up on what Meyer does and it is at a different level, unattainable by most unless you have muchos bucks and an engineer to design your rig for you. Terrapin Crossroads website indicated they were going to install a similar Meyer constallation system like there is at TRI - don't know if that happened yet, but will be cool to see how they integrate the bass into that system.

Great points. Just reading about Meyers stuff makes my head hurt and I'm fairly technical.

I wonder if that bass array is providing all or most of the lows for the whole venue, not just for Phil's stage-monitoring purposes.
Rusty the Scoob

Postby snogaws » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:34 pm

Phil's rig from tonight's show:

snogaws
bruce
bruce

Postby Cmnaround » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:15 am

And this pic was tweeted by further with the title of "Phil's new bass rig".
Cmnaround
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:46 am

Well there you have it! Pretty cool stuff. I wonder what those cabs are, one of them might make a good bar/club rig.
Rusty the Scoob

Postby Phil Lesh101 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:14 pm

I saw them last night and noticed (also can be seen in the picture) That Phil is no longer using Eden amps but he is running his rig through the Ipad on top of his rack into the Powered Meyers sound speakers and it sounds great!
Phil Lesh101

Next

Return to Phil Sound