Nice Rack!

Re: Nice Rack!

Postby mgbills » Sun May 06, 2012 9:11 pm

Oh Yea! Absolutely! :lol:
If we could only all be so lucky as JDarks. He's got a funny YouTube video where he refers to his wires growing intolerance to repeated dead riffs...so he goes & build the Darksatorium.

Awesome.
"Hi Ho...the Carrion Crow...FoldeRoldeRiddle"
mgbills

Postby barefootdave » Mon May 07, 2012 4:28 am

Marty,

Congrats on "getting there" !

Just curious, why do you have both the Mesa power amp and the Mac. Is it a backup or was it just a transitional piece?

Big difference in sound between the two?

Thanks,

BFD
Barefoot Dave
"His job is too shed light, not to master"
barefootdave
Billy
Billy

Postby mgbills » Mon May 07, 2012 7:41 am

Good Morning Mr. BarefootDave,

I actually sold the Mesa. The first CL find was the MC2100. 65 lbs. $300.00 Then I found the road case. As I kept thinking about putting the whole thing together, I began to see that that 2100 was more than I needed. I bought the Mesa, and loved the tone. With the SMS it could do a broad sweep to Jerry era's. The thing about the McIntosh, is that it can be turned down. That Mesa 20/20 was loud on 1. I love Mesa gear, and I rather wish I'd kept it. I did have a brief thought of backing up the Mc amp with the Mesa.

So I bit the bullet and bought the MC250. It made the rack "almost" managable with one person. I have carried it down stairs, and loaded it in the buggy...but damn...even with the 35lb Mc250 it's heavy.

There is likely another rebuild in the cards. This time, the MC250 & the SMS will go in a small road case. The pedals & GCX will go in a custom wood thingy.

I'm really into the '76-'78 era, so I doubt I've seen my last Mesa power section. To cut to the chase...Mesa is a great power choice (and pre for that matter.) I had a Mark I with a JBL K120. It was very '76 Jerry, but loud...like pet killing loud.

But when I get them Stadium/Festival gigs...watch out...watch out. :shock:
Peace
M
mgbills

Postby mgbills » Tue May 29, 2012 12:26 pm

Sorry for resurecting my own thread.

So...I have the personal liability policy through State Farm for my guitar stuff. I've been negiligent on updating it, but it's pretty cheap. I had a couple of fancy acoustics on there Taylor 810. Taylor LKSM 12 String. Ripple OM-1 (now stolen). Cost's about $40/yr, and it covers breakage, theft, loss...perfect for guitar crap.

I decided this weekend that the rack is going to a practice space in town. Tired of setting up pedals every time I practice. Heck...the drummer keeps his kit there. The bass player keeps his road case there. So I says to myself ..."Self...you should make sure your policy is up to date in case this "stuff" gets damaged/stolen/????."

This post is awareness & growth of spousal sanity. My wife is a real sweetheart. She let's me do anything I want (within reason), and is fully behind my silly guitar hobby. Obtaining a spouse like that takes practice. I didn't get it right the first time.

Point being...I bought much of this on EvilBay or Craiglist. Total insured - $4400.

I'm attempting to provide full disclosure you get started. Keep it cool folks. Learn from my insanity!
Peace
M
mgbills

Postby Cmnaround » Tue May 29, 2012 2:41 pm

+1 on the Mesa 20/20 power amp. Single rack space, two channels and plenty loud enough. If you need it louder then you would probably be in a situation where you need to mic your amp anyway - so a good choice if you don't have access to a Mcintosh. By the way, very nice rack set up - thanks for sharing!
Cmnaround
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby JustinJohn » Tue May 29, 2012 4:45 pm

Great post!

:cool:
JustinJohn
Terrapin
Terrapin

Previous

Return to Jerry Tone