Waldo's TPC-1 in a pedal!

Re: Waldo's TPC-1 in a pedal!

Postby Smolder » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:18 am

hippieguy1954 wrote:It's very easy to make one, if you have the time. Once you have the parts and enclosure it should take about 1/2 hour to put together. :smile: :smile: :smile:

It would be awesome if Waldo offered a version in a footswitch pedal with a gain knob and a 9 volt power connection. If not, making the plans available (schematic/layout box spec) would be very cool.
Smolder

Postby hotasaPistol » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:28 am

I agree that since I want one too and would rather give Waldo the money since it is his baby and would rather support him....I also suck at electronics............

what do you say Waldo is this a possibility............much obliged..thanks for all your time and efforts

George
hotasaPistol
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby waldo041 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:51 am

sure, they cost $125 plus $5 shipping. you can contact me here or at my email.

peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby Smolder » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:52 pm

Awesome Waldo!
Smolder

Postby jahozer » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:05 am

Ok, I have a question.
Right now, I run a Boss line selector LS-2 http://www.amptone.com/bossls2.htm to separate my higher gain distortion channels it has a blend knob for the two loops.
I run TU-Tuner>LS-2 loop 1>Micro Qtron>Octave>ANMAN TS9 Sil>HM-2>CS2Comp>LS-2 Loop 2>GE7 EQ>DD6
I run it so I can blend the clean loop with the drive loop.
So my question is if I get this TPC-1 where would it go? In front of everything to let it power up all of my effects?
and do I essentially have this with the line selector? Im sending a hot signal to my "drive" loop.
Would the TPC-1 keep a consistent signal to all of it?

On a side note: I am experimenting with the compressor after everything but dont think I like it. Would go before everything normally, but thats neither here, nor there, just avoiding effects chain placement comments other than my question.
Thanks
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best.- the girl from the bus
jahozer
Bobby
Bobby

Postby jahozer » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:15 am

bump...anyone?
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best.- the girl from the bus
jahozer
Bobby
Bobby

Postby eric » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:08 am

I would say the very first in your chain before the line selector. Guitar >buffer- LS... that way everything will see the buffer when you want it . Contemplating a similar setup with a 2 loop , this is the only way to always have it on I believe..
eric
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Postby hippieguy1954 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:07 am

I would agree with eric. Plug the guitar into it and everything else after it! :smile: :smile: :smile:
Jim

First show: 1973
Last show: 1994
hippieguy1954

Postby eric » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:14 am

Also , have you tried the octave before the envelope filter? Also , perhaps the compressor right after the envelope set to just slightly squash the high freq spikes of that beast?
eric
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Postby hippieguy1954 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:18 am

eric wrote:Also , have you tried the octave before the envelope filter? Also , perhaps the compressor right after the envelope set to just slightly squash the high freq spikes of that beast?

Yes I have, but I find the envelope filter reacts better before the octave. I don't use a compressor. :smile: :smile: :smile:
Jim

First show: 1973
Last show: 1994
hippieguy1954

Postby jahozer » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:42 am

hippieguy1954 wrote:
eric wrote:Also , have you tried the octave before the envelope filter? Also , perhaps the compressor right after the envelope set to just slightly squash the high freq spikes of that beast?

Yes I have, but I find the envelope filter reacts better before the octave. I don't use a compressor. :smile: :smile: :smile:
hippieguy1954 wrote:

I cant remember which way I have the octave. I think its after. I try to give the qtron as much clean signal as possible. I essentially have the comp after the envelope, but a furthur along down the chain. I dont really use it with it any more. I used to have it on to control those spikes, but I now set it so it just barely opens. I used to put the comp in front of everything, especially to give the mutron a constant signal, but that was just silly. I started out with an old DOD green monster envelope years ago and the only way to control that thing was to squish the shit out of it.
I dont really use the compressor when doing Jerry type stuff, except on the chicken picken type songs like cumberland or Big River. I use it more for more modern jamband style soloing, or smoothing out funk 9th vamps. Im thinking about going back to the front of the chain with it. I like the feedbacky sustain I get with it in the front, but then again I like the dynamic response I get with my TS9 with it at the end.
jahozer
Bobby
Bobby

Postby Smolder » Fri May 04, 2012 1:41 pm

Got my pedal yesterday... Works and looks great! Thanks Waldo!
Smolder

Postby Deadhead85 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:43 am

How does this pedal react with active pups, like EMG?
Deadhead85
Brent
Brent

Postby cmc64 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:34 pm

Deadhead85 wrote:How does this pedal react with active pups, like EMG?

I was wondering the same thing.
cmc64
Billy
Billy

Postby waldo041 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:19 pm

Deadhead85 wrote:How does this pedal react with active pups, like EMG?

not well, the pedals preamp converts a high impedance signal to a low impedance signal. preamps that are already low impedance, such as active emg pickups do not feed the corrct impedance to the preamp. you may want to try just the effects loop in an offboard pedal unit with an already active system.

~waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

PreviousNext

Return to Jerry Tone