DS-1 Owner's non vintage2vintage simple job.

Chat about Equipment Info

DS-1 Owner's non vintage2vintage simple job.

Postby hawk900 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:33 pm

Not sure if I posted this here already but another brand spankin new ds-1 arrived today. As know on the net as the keely mod. This 2 resistor swap with no led indicator will only put u in vintage mode which we all want anyway. I think the keely mod toggles between new and vintage not sure but why else for an extra led.
You'll now if your DS-1 is non vintage if it says made in Taiwan on the back. I believe that's when the minor design transistion took place in between the made in Taiwan to made in Japan phase.
here
hawk
hawk900
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Re: DS-1 Owner's non vintage2vintage simple job.

Postby waldo041 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:40 pm

hawk,

you forgot to add that you swap the 100k to 150k and the 22ohm to a 1k resistor.

http://www.muzique.com/news/fat-mod-for-the-boss-ds-1/

peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby hawk900 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:57 pm

Duh.....
Always on the ball waldo. TNX
hawk900
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby hawk900 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:12 pm

Does anyone here use the switching Keeley mod on theirs???? How great is it because I know there's some more changes? I though the mod I posted basically was to convert the post vintage 94? made in taiwan back to vintage japan made circuit.
Personally I like a nice tube distortion but there obviously was a reason tonnes of pros including jer used this baby vintage of course and also modded as well(very versatile). I'd personally like to see the insides of Jer's if anyone knows.
Check this
http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-convert-your-DS-1-to-Keeley-All-seeing-eye-/?ALLSTEPS
hawk
hawk900
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion