New Pedal Day!!!

Re: New Pedal Day!!!

Postby mgbills » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:09 am

I must also assume that Zambiland is too.

I've been in the West for 25 years, but had many a great time in that area in the wierd old 80's.
"Hi Ho...the Carrion Crow...FoldeRoldeRiddle"
mgbills

Postby tigerstrat » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:21 pm

I lived in Rochester for a couple of months, with a girl I had met that March in Greensboro, between spring and summer tours of 1989... we "separated on the docks" somewhere between Alpine and Cal Expo.
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby mgbills » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:47 pm

Incentally...

I shot the scratch pots & rocker switches with DeOxit. No more scratcy pots, and the switches improved 100%.

Love it.

Anyone have a solution to the funny wing-bolt/retainer for the battery door? I bought power supplies from Mr. Lingenberg, but the door just flops. I thought of a screw-type plastic hollow-wall fastener @ 3/16 diameter...but that was my best guess.

Waldo...I need to call you in a couple of days on other business any but...Pete B. & I were talking, and he said the something about the modern re-furbishment changing the Drive feature to only be on while the effect is on? I might have this screwed up.

Care to opine?
M
mgbills

Postby waldo041 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:57 pm

mgbills wrote:Waldo...I need to call you in a couple of days on other business any but...Pete B. & I were talking, and he said the something about the modern re-furbishment changing the Drive feature to only be on while the effect is on? I might have this screwed up.

short, fat, wide thread sheet metal screw. take it to ace hardware and run thru the screw bins until you find something that suffices.

as for the latter, i believe pete is talking about true bypassing it. easy mod, i can shoot you the info if you need it.

peace,
waldo
waldo041

Postby mgbills » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:01 am

I guess I was hoping for the scoop, so as to understand the change.

I suppose the simple version, is that a rig with an OBEL guitar, doesn't need the additional boost from the Mu.

Please send the mod when you have a minute. I've gotta think through the whole thing. I was going to semi-permanently mount the Mu in my GCX SMS>Mc rack, but I like the sound through my little Mesa so much...I think it needs a home in both rigs. The GCX would isolate it anyway, so unless the Octave was additionally on, there wouldn't be much need. The little rig only travels with an Envelope filter & the Earth Drive....

BabbleBabbleBabble.

If I could just find another cheap Mu...then...

Thanks Much.
M
mgbills

Postby cmc64 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:20 am

I was sitting around the other night and the phone rang. I immediately hopped in the car and made a short trip. And when I got home:

Literally dropped out of the sky. Came as a complete surprise and a decent price ($350). Sounds great but the power switch is a little screwy so it is going to take a trip Lingenberg Sound for a tune up. For as good as it sounds now I can't wait to hear it when it returns. With the exception of an Earth Drive, my pedal board is complete. Now it's time to start swapping out pickups....

cmc64
Billy
Billy

Previous

Return to Jerry Tone