Rum Runners - How Sweet It Is - 3/31/2012

Place for the rest of the music

Rum Runners - How Sweet It Is - 3/31/2012

Postby mijknahs » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:50 pm

From our last gig (1st song).

This gig I decided to play with the middle pickup in SERIES (full humbucker) the entire show. I thought it sounded great. Not as dark as I normally would think series sounds. I'm going to be using it in series more often.

mijknahs

Re: Rum Runners - How Sweet It Is - 3/31/2012

Postby waldo041 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:03 pm

blasphemous! :P

you should only need the north coil, neck side of the middle humbucker in single coil mode. you could also just rid yourself of the neck and bridge pickup, they are useless in a jerry rig as well!

LOL :-) :-) :-)

all kidding aside, this sounds pretty spot on. i am in the camp that jerry used humbuckers more in JGB then the GD because of only one guitar in the band. he did use single coil mode in JGB, but i hear humbuckers from time to time in JGB. could be just me, but he has those coil tap switches on those guitars for a reason.

Rum Runners Rock!

peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby cripeowner » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:04 pm

I also have also come to the conclusion that I like my humbuckers and I'm not sorry about! I will be using humbucker mode more in the future. I also have come to many conclusions and have said " i'm doing this now" many times before so disregard everything said in this post as it has probably changed by the time you are reading this:idea:
cripeowner
Pigpen
Pigpen

Postby tcsned » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:48 pm

Nice Jim! The tone is awesome as usual. I've been almost exclusively been using the humbucker on my new guitar. I guess I've never gotten over my love affair with the double coils from playing a Les Paul for the first 10 years of my playing career. We usually play without a keyboard so our band isn't as sonically full and our other guitarist uses a Strat.
tcsned

Postby mijknahs » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:36 pm

I got a little inspired for the humbucker tone from listening to some '81 JGB shows. But I'm surprised how "non-humbucker-ish" series sounds with the Super II. It just sounds like a louder and fuller single coil almost. Definitely not like a Les Paul humbucker.
mijknahs

Return to Tune Submissions