Jerry Pre-amp mods

Re: Jerry Pre-amp mods

Postby oldsmojo » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:02 am

Good to see you happy with that mac setup finally. I would love to hear a clip. Hippieguy , how is your setup coming along?
oldsmojo
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Postby claytushaywood » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:53 pm

hippieguy1954 wrote:
schmidtz wrote:Of course it was plugged in! What, do you think I'm intelligent?

oooooooooook, well that taught ya a lesson! Did you try it again unplugged? New switch time?

wow i just found this post again and noticed this stuff.

dude you could have killed yourself. unplugging a tube amp is not nearly enough to prevent from presented with fatal current. you could have it unplugged for a full day and it could still possibly kill you.

I could do the full post alembic jerry mods for you, for much, much less than $500. I'm thinking like $200, itll be more if you want the pots changed out though. i dont find that nescessary unless you really want to go all the way out
claytushaywood
Billy
Billy

Postby hippieguy1954 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:32 am

oldsmojo wrote:Good to see you happy with that mac setup finally. I would love to hear a clip. Hippieguy , how is your setup coming along?

Hey oldsmojo! I just saw this! Thanks for asking! My set up has come along great. SMS Jerry > QSC PLX 1200 > (2) 2x12 E120's. Love it! :smile: :smile: :smile:
Jim

First show: 1973
Last show: 1994
hippieguy1954

Postby The Stag » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:58 pm

schmidtz wrote:Well, I was debugging, and I noticed that when I flipped the on switch, it would smoke. After some smoke it spit out a little spark, and I got SHOCKED. I mean, like I saw Jerry shocked.

I'm taking it back to Savage. Them taking three weeks is better than me convulsing and foaming at the mouth.

If you got that on video you probably would have won on Americas funniest home videos hahaha
Dan Jr
The Stag
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby Phil Lesh101 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:08 pm

I got shocked once from a twin...
"I didn't ask them to misspell anything to prove their authenticity, but I believe they're legit." ~ Rusty The Scoob.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV9EGVZio2M
https://archive.org/details/DA2013-10-19
Phil Lesh101

Postby The Stag » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:09 pm

yea sorry about that i forgot to mention that it was plugged in still and to grab it by the outside.....sorry hahahahahahha it makes a cool story though haha
Dan Jr
The Stag
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby gpilcher2001 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:27 pm

so does anyone know what size and brand are the best filter caps to use on a super reverb clone that will fit in the cap can? thanks in advance. greg... :cool:
good to know you got shoes to wear when you find the floor.....
gpilcher2001
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby waldo041 » Wed May 13, 2015 2:43 pm

red
Last edited by waldo041 on Wed May 13, 2015 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
waldo041

Postby eric » Wed May 13, 2015 7:34 pm

wth
Last edited by eric on Fri May 15, 2015 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
eric
Phil
Phil

Postby HeadSpace » Wed May 13, 2015 8:04 pm

And what's with resurrecting a zombie thread to make a toolish remark years after the fact? A modding maestro you may be but a marketing maestro you are not. Seriously, man, you need to chill out.
HeadSpace
Pigpen
Pigpen

Postby hippieguy1954 » Thu May 14, 2015 12:36 am

eric wrote:Mike, first just let me say thank you for all the hard work and information you've provided everyone. I have bought one of your products and am a satisfied customer. But with all due respect, you're righteous indignation seems a bit much..

Basically, you've ripped off Garcia, Irwin, Parish, and more by cloning their gear, measurements, modifications, and made money by selling it. And then you get pissed when the information that you posted on the INTERNET was used by other people.

You yourself have posted videos playing licks that you, and everyone else on this forum, have ripped directly from recordings of Garcia. And Garcia ripped some from Freddie King.. Who ripped them from T-Bone Walker... Aren't those licks actually intellectual property of someone else?? How about the pirated and copyrighted YouTube video's that everyone here posts as examples of THAT TONE ?

And what about all the "Tribute" guitars, like the Moriarty you own? Well, unarguably it's a rip off of someone else's hard work and original design. The Irwin Eagle on the Headstock? We could go on for days with this stuff in the guitar/gear/music world..

Now, personally I really have no problem with any of it, and am grateful for the guys who build this stuff. I realize it's mostly a labor of love.. It just seems like a huge double standard going on here if you're going to call people out for 'ripping' off information that you've ripped off..

How do you know Waldo ripped off the info? How do you know he wasn't given the information? You are assuming way too much with nothing to back it up with. My understanding is that he was given the info and has never ripped anyone off.

As far as "licks" go, they belong to everyone who can hear or play them. That is what music is. That is how music evolves and (hopefully) progresses. It's part of the history of rock and roll and all other music genres. The innovators eventually always get recognition and usually give props to those using their innovations to evolve the music.
Last edited by hippieguy1954 on Thu May 14, 2015 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim

hippieguy1954

Postby hippieguy1954 » Thu May 14, 2015 12:47 am

HeadSpace wrote:And what's with resurrecting a zombie thread to make a toolish remark years after the fact? A modding maestro you may be but a marketing maestro you are not. Seriously, man, you need to chill out.

In all fairness, this thread reveals a lot of great information thanks to Mike. You, on the other hand, have not contributed to it at all. Now for the purpose of slamming Mike, you add your 2 cents. I think YOU need to chill.
Jim

hippieguy1954

Postby schmidtz » Thu May 14, 2015 5:47 am

:lol:

I knew Mike was going to go dig up this thread the second I read his response to me!
"Learn as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."
schmidtz
Mickey
Mickey

Postby Jon S. » Thu May 14, 2015 6:10 am

I would like to say, now, for myself. The opinions I offer on this forum regarding products and/or tone are unbiased. I am in neither the business nor the hobby of engineering - whether it be forward, reverse, with express input from others, through my own digging, or otherwise - any musical gear. Nor do I officially endorse, market, sell, or profit from any of the gear I comment on here, with one exception. I'm an unpaid web site-listed SSP cabs user. Therefore, when I comment on SSP cabs, you must take this potential or actual conflict of interest into account in assessing the veracity and usefulness of my representations just as you must do so in assessing the veracity and usefulness of the representations here of people in the business of designing and selling gear concerning their own gear or that of others with whom they have formal or informal business relationships. Otherwise, my comments on all other Jerry-related products may be useful to you, correct, both, or neither, but they are bias-free.
Disclaimers: I'm happy to share whatever relevant gear knowledge or experience I have. Genuflection/payment/proof of worthiness neither sought nor accepted. I don't design, build, market, sell or endorse for pay any new music product or service. I occasionally sell personal used gear. I am an unpaid endorser of SoundScaper Productions and Godfrey Daniels Guitarworks.
Jon S.

Postby hippieguy1954 » Thu May 14, 2015 6:29 am

Jon S. wrote:I would like to say, now, for myself. The opinions I offer on this forum regarding products and/or tone are unbiased. I am in neither the business nor the hobby of engineering - whether it be forward, reverse, with express input from others, through my own digging, or otherwise - any musical gear. Nor do I officially endorse, market, sell, or profit from any of the gear I comment on here, with one exception. I'm an unpaid web site-listed SSP cabs user. Therefore, when I comment on SSP cabs, you must take this potential or actual conflict of interest into account in assessing the veracity and usefulness of my representations just as you must do so in assessing the veracity and usefulness of the representations here of people in the business of designing and selling gear concerning their own gear or that of others with whom they have formal or informal business relationships. Otherwise, my comments on all other Jerry-related products may be useful to you, correct, both, or neither, but they are bias-free.

So, why don't you tell us who's "varsity and usefulness of the representations here" you are questioning. Get of the ease and speak your mind, brother.
Jim

hippieguy1954

PreviousNext

Return to Jerry Tone