Phase 100 Help

Phase 100 Help

Postby mgbills » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:10 pm

Good Evening All,

Due to a minor error in judgement, I completely annihilated the stomp switch in my vintage MXR Phase 100. I believe it had a SP/DT switch, with yellow & blue wires heading to the input/output respectively. I headed out to my local music shop, and obtained a DP/DT. Can someone give some wiring brain power?

I used the continuity tester, and came up with input on one side, wiper in the middle, output on the other. This made it so the unit works perfectly when it's on, but passes no signal when it's off.

It's not a huge deal, because it typically resides in a rack with a GCX. I would, however, like it to be right.

Peace
M
"Hi Ho...the Carrion Crow...FoldeRoldeRiddle"
mgbills

Re: Phase 100 Help

Postby mgbills » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:11 pm

I also forgot to add that there is a purple wire (which I believe goes ultimately to the pot via the board.

thx
mgbills

Postby waldo041 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:17 pm

Marty,

I had popping issues with my Vintage Block Logo Phase 100, so i would recommend just using the alternate TB wiring.

peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby mgbills » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:26 am

Thanks Waldo!

I thought I had 3 wires to the switch (Yellow, Blue, Purple), and I also have the block Phase 100. I'll have to check the chassis. The mayhem which destroyed the original switch may have ripped the 4th wire out.

Thanks much for your help!

Peace
mgbills

Postby waldo041 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:49 am

Marty,

the wires are Yellow (to board) and Purple (from Board). the Blue wire is to the Output jack and there is another Yellow wire that comes off the Input jack. Both Yellows should be tied together at the Input jack, you will need to seperate at the jack and possibly replace the one to the board to get the length you need. this is your 4th wire.

peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Return to Guitar Building and Mods