Which Strings to try next.

Re: Which Strings to try next.

Postby Bassman » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:53 pm

So much IS in the HANDS and attack with the pick. Guess I will continue on that approach and save some bread on the strings, the Slicks are nice.
Bassman
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Postby Bassman » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:44 pm

Rusty the Scoob wrote:I get surprisingly close with LaBella flats and a modified P-bass. It's not what I would choose, but when one of my JGB bands does a GD tune it's fairly effective.

Bass Sounds great Rusty!!!!
Bassman
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Postby wolftigerrosebud » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:39 pm

When I played bass, whether I was playing the Eden head or the Euphonic head or the Ken Smith or the $200 Squier J-Bass with TI flats or DR three-eighth-rounds or D'Addario squares or Sunbeams or Moonbeams or long pieces of taffy I'd stretched out along the fretboard, people would still come up to me after the gigs and say "hey man, your playing kind of reminds me of Phil Lesh". :lol:

It's inescapable!
wolftigerrosebud
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby hippieguy1954 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:45 am

wolftigerrosebud wrote:When I played bass, whether I was playing the Eden head or the Euphonic head or the Ken Smith or the $200 Squier J-Bass with TI flats or DR three-eighth-rounds or D'Addario squares or Sunbeams or Moonbeams or long pieces of taffy I'd stretched out along the fretboard, people would still come up to me after the gigs and say "hey man, your playing kind of reminds me of Phil Lesh". :lol:

It's inescapable!

Interesting! If I pick up a bass (any bass any strings) and play it, people say the same thing! It is totally inescapable! :smile: :smile: :smile:
Jim

First show: 1973
Last show: 1994
hippieguy1954

Previous

Return to Phil Sound