New Dead blog

name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear

Re: New Dead blog

Postby hogan » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:43 am

God forbid somebody take the piss out of the sacred cow. It called humor. If i have to hear about Lesh's perfect pitch, or Hart's absurd pursuits, or the over diefying of Garcia one more time it sure as shit should be for a laugh.
Great blog, keep up the good work.
Honest to the point of recklessness.
PM me for a cab
http://www.facebook.com/workingmansdead
Happy customers (~);-} :
paulinnc, spaceyrface43, AKdead, chuckles, ebelgee, Quebee, Kennay, bomall01, NashvilleMike, Strumminsix,jx2638,Chutley, Adam Deckard, jkstraw, TennesseeJedi, deadhead1988, spacefunkologist, rmackenzie
hogan

Postby Lunchbox16 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:15 am

Your explanation that this is the cartoon version of the band you see in your mind's eye explains a lot. Some of the newer one's were a bit "dark" as Rusty suggests, but in general I agree with Hogan. For the most part, it's pretty funny.

Just a suggestion, even if you write more than 1 entry per day, you might want to only post 1 per day. Unless of course you're not worried about running out of material. It just makes it a bit easier to navigate/digest.

By the way, has Mickey tried to do a field recording of the sound of you typing? I assume the album will never be released. HA!

Oh, and the idea of Billy randomly dick-punching people is really funny - especially when I envision him as a cartoon character.
"Is maith an scéalaí an aimsir." Time is a great storyteller. -- Irish Proverb
Lunchbox16
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby hogan » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:52 am

Lunchbox16 wrote:Oh, and the idea of Billy randomly dick-punching people is really funny - especially when I envision him as a cartoon character.

You do know that Bill did dickpunch Matt Kelly in '85, right? He got sued for it 2 years later when Kelly claimed the attack rendered him sterile and his marriage blew up because of it. The details get seedier from there. I'm not joking.
Honest to the point of recklessness.
PM me for a cab
http://www.facebook.com/workingmansdead
Happy customers (~);-} :
paulinnc, spaceyrface43, AKdead, chuckles, ebelgee, Quebee, Kennay, bomall01, NashvilleMike, Strumminsix,jx2638,Chutley, Adam Deckard, jkstraw, TennesseeJedi, deadhead1988, spacefunkologist, rmackenzie
hogan

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:57 am

:shock: That is news to me but is not that surprising. Who is Matt Kelly and do we know why Billy dickpunched him?
Rusty the Scoob

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:07 am

Tennessee Jedi

Postby erock » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:09 am

erock
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Postby thoughtsonthedead » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:35 am

HOLY SHIT! I had never heard of ANY OF THIS. Sir, you are a Dead Jedi. I had just assumed Billy would--in any sort of altercation--immediately go to the crotch. Billy wasn't a Marquis of Queensbury guy.
http://thoughtsonthedead.wordpress.com/
thoughtsonthedead
Vince
Vince

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:40 pm

:shock: That is spooky.

Phil seems like the kind of guy who'd give me some of his gear or one of his Ferraris, right? Right? You definitely need to throw that in there next.
Rusty the Scoob

Postby Lunchbox16 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:09 pm

I had no idea about the Billy situation, but that is kind of spooky. Ever since I read, I think it was McNally's book, and he was talking about the Europe 72 tour (again, I think) where Billy was displeased with something and took out a knife and started to strop it on a leather briefcase, I've gotten the impression that Billy is not one you want to mess with. I'm surprised Lenny Hart or any of the other swindlers over the years didn't find themselves at the wrong end of an angry Billy.
"Is maith an scéalaí an aimsir." Time is a great storyteller. -- Irish Proverb
Lunchbox16
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:54 am

From that PhilZone link
@ 8.50 .... never seen anything like that before....
Tennessee Jedi

Postby thoughtsonthedead » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:03 am

Tennessee Jedi wrote:

From that PhilZone link
@ 8.50 .... never seen anything like that before....

I'm of two minds about this clip.

On one hand, Mickey seems to be throwing his drumsticks at the guy's feet. They're only five feet apart; it seems like Mickey could have bonked the guy in the skull if he'd wanted to. Also, anyone who's ever been in a band knows that drummers throw sticks at people. It's actually one of their more evolved communication skills.

On the other hand, Mickey was going to keep winging those sticks at the guy if Bobby hadn't gotten in the way, wasn't he?

http://thoughtsonthedead.wordpress.com/
thoughtsonthedead
Vince
Vince

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:28 am

:shock: Remind me not to go anywhere near Mickey or Billy with a harmonica in hand!
Rusty the Scoob

Mickey Chucking Sticks

Postby gr8fullfred » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:39 am

Also Mickey chucks a few more sticks at 15:24 or so (near the end of the song).

A very interesting piece of GD history. Not all that pretty, but overall there is not much rally bad stuff out there, not that I am aware of anyway. As a general rule, I try not to piss off the drummers!
gr8fullfred
Magic Hand
Magic Hand

Postby Mr.Burns » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:44 pm

On one hand, Mickey seems to be throwing his drumsticks at the guy's feet. They're only five feet apart; it seems like Mickey could have bonked the guy in the skull if he'd wanted to.

The second stick seems to hit him squarely in the back, and hard, too.
Mr.Burns
Phil
Phil

Postby thoughtsonthedead » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:12 pm

Mr.Burns wrote:
On one hand, Mickey seems to be throwing his drumsticks at the guy's feet. They're only five feet apart; it seems like Mickey could have bonked the guy in the skull if he'd wanted to.

The second stick seems to hit him squarely in the back, and hard, too.

Yeah, y'know...after watching it again, it's tough to really defend Mickey at all.
thoughtsonthedead
Vince
Vince

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions