Its all good

Its all good

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:45 am

x
Last edited by Tennessee Jedi on Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tennessee Jedi

Re: Hey Check out This Band

Postby vwjodyme » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:00 am

I hope your gertting royalies :lol:
vwjodyme

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:05 am

:D
Last edited by Tennessee Jedi on Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tennessee Jedi

Postby tcsned » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:07 am

Is that David Gans singing and playing guitar?

Cool version of that tune!
tcsned

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:25 am

They stole your name? That's not cool, man.
Rusty the Scoob

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:32 am

:|
Last edited by Tennessee Jedi on Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tennessee Jedi

Postby hogan » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:44 am

edited for civility on my own behalf. All's well that ends well.
Last edited by hogan on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Honest to the point of recklessness.
PM me for a cab
http://www.facebook.com/workingmansdead
Happy customers (~);-} :
paulinnc, spaceyrface43, AKdead, chuckles, ebelgee, Quebee, Kennay, bomall01, NashvilleMike, Strumminsix,jx2638,Chutley, Adam Deckard, jkstraw, TennesseeJedi, deadhead1988, spacefunkologist, rmackenzie
hogan

Postby glocke12 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:23 pm

never mind......
Last edited by glocke12 on Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
glocke12
tiger
tiger

Postby FretfulDave » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:31 pm

Yo Tom. That really sucks. You have had that name for years... on MySpace, Facebook, reverbnation and this board, the holiest of holies.

Just goes to show that you don't ever know... there are a lot of unkind folks out there. These guys who make a living directly off the Dead are scoundrels and louses just like the regular vermin you meet on the street. Total bullshit.

I'll never listen to his radio programs again. This is quite a slap in the face! but you have the name, it's yours nand you can prove it with the sign up dates and all from the various sites. Hell, we got a picture from a number of years ago with me holding the bumper sticker with the band name "Tennessee Jedi".

Boycott Gans and company! They are nothing better than run of the mill thieves.

Jeez, you would think and hope that the greater Dead community would be better human beings than this...

Time to do a little soul searching about humanity and those associated with the Grateful Dead.

Dave
The river keeps a talkin'
FretfulDave
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby tcsned » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:32 pm

Cool version of that tune, but not too cool to swipe a name. I agree with Hogan, keep on keeping on and don't change a thing. I've been kinda in the same boat - we've got a pretty common band name that has been used by a bunch of others. I haven't had any real issues coexisting except some kids from NC using "The Kind" and some of my friends traveled down the road to see them thinking it was us. The only grief I've ever gotten was from some hippie shop in Va Beach. Brad Sarno was involved or friends with one in St Louis about the same time we started up - no issues. I believe there was some mainstream rock band from Chicago that had that the name that predated us. There was no internet to search to find out who all was out there. For the most part we've not had any problems coexisting for the last 26 years with old fuckers like us or young whipper-snappers. Until someone gets famous it's probably not gonna be an issue.

It's still lame if he did this knowingly. I can't believe in this day and age that he wouldn't have at least gooogled the name before using it. If he did swipe it from you then he's a shit for doing so. That's his karma, keep yours in tact. If he wants to be a douche let him but don't let it change what you do.
tcsned

Postby crazyfingerssotm » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:11 pm

Hmm. It's tagged for the dead covers project too. I wonder if he'll be featured. Not sure how I'd feel about that. Maybe say something since you are FB friends. Maybe peace is possible.
crazyfingerssotm
Rosebud
Rosebud

Postby mkaufman » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:23 pm

I would contact David Gans. He probably has no idea.

mk
THE best way to score gear: http://www.auctionstud.com

For discounts on extended Dell warranties: http://advantech-ny.com/mik/advantech/DellComputerWarranty
mkaufman

Postby FretfulDave » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:34 pm

Tennessee Jedi wrote:Man I give up
I either friended him last week or posted on his page last week and now this
He said he didnt know

Looks like the Jedi mentioned it to Gans. Either the dude is total jerk or is an ignoramus.

tcsned wrote:...
It's still lame if he did this knowingly. I can't believe in this day and age that he wouldn't have at least gooogled the name before using it. If he did swipe it from you then he's a shit for doing so. That's his karma, keep yours in tact. If he wants to be a douche let him but don't let it change what you do.

It is lame. When looking for band names, I know there are a lot of threads about it and most names I was trying showed up with a simple Google search. I even passed on one that was a starland vocal band or ABBA tribute and had nothing to do with jam music or the Dead but I didn't take it anyhow. This is an extra slap cause Jedi is all about a Dead band and has been for years.

The advice from tcsned is solid. And you can believe that "what goes around, comes around".

Dave
The river keeps a talkin'
FretfulDave
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:00 pm

:|
Last edited by Tennessee Jedi on Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tennessee Jedi

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:10 pm

:D
Last edited by Tennessee Jedi on Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tennessee Jedi

Next

Return to Grateful Dead General Discussion