Wanted: Scott Walker Santa Cruz

Chat about Equipment Info

Wanted: Scott Walker Santa Cruz

Postby Boston_Patriot » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:04 pm

Hi,
I'm looking for a Scott Walker Santa Cruz 25" scale with three humbuckers if anyone has seen one or is looking to sell.
Boston_Patriot
tiger
tiger

Re: Wanted: Scott Walker Santa Cruz

Postby playingdead » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:25 pm

I have a lefty sitting right here for sale ... but I'll bet you're a righty.
playingdead

Postby Boston_Patriot » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:27 am

Yes, I'm righty, and I've seen yours...it's sweeet! Curious as to why your selling. Any reason why you went little 59? I'm thinking Shep Bly Sky in the neck and a Fralin Unbucker in the bridge (and, of course, the Super II). Shep said he really doesn't like his split, but hey...Jerry and Dickey are my priority tones. Does that sound good to you- thought I'd ask with your experience with a "do-it-all" Walker.
Boston_Patriot
tiger
tiger

Postby playingdead » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:57 am

Scott's one of the makers I carry in my shop ... I can get a build spot for you if you want a new one, he can do whatever you can dream up. He's running out of spots for this year, though.

It's challenging to fit three full-sized pickups in the Special, and I wanted the Super II in the middle for the Jerry stuff, so I tried the Lil '59. It's a really nice pickup, I like it a lot. I'm pretty happy with the Lollar at the bridge, sounds good to my ears.

The Santa Cruz I have has Lollar full-sized single coils, they sound great, too.
playingdead

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion