Shakedown Amp = Updated

Re: Shakedown Amp =Tasty tone

Postby oldsmojo » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:24 pm

Hey thanks again for all the super kind words and reviews! any questions please Email to oldsmojo@yahoo.com ~Joe Martin
Last edited by oldsmojo on Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oldsmojo
Donna
Donna

Postby Billbbill » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:05 am

I used this head as well - here's a clip
I'm clean w/just my stratoblaster box at about noon and later i add in the dirtier of the 2 channels on my Boss Dual OD SD2 w/ just the slightest drive.

http://www.archive.org/download/sbb2011 ... d03t08.mp3

I liked the head - reminded me of my fender head customized by Jason F. I ended up using it the whole gig - in retrospect I wished I'd used mine for the 2nd set to really compare the 2.

Joe did tweak it a bit though before it moved on to these other folk and eventually to Kier. Loving what I've heard after it moved on - why i had to ask Joe if anything was tweaked! Nice work Joe!
Billbbill

Postby deadagainband76 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:55 am

Any info on shakedown amps would be nice. Any web info?
deadagainband76
Aoxomoxoa
Aoxomoxoa

Postby mijknahs » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:15 pm

I finally got around to listening to these clips and that is some excellent tone, Keir! I liked the Think and Tore Up as well. Great playing too. I'd be very happy with that amp/guitar tone. It's not just the amp. A lot of that tone is the guitar as well.

Are you using the tube power section of the amp?

Jim
mijknahs

Postby robe » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:40 am

oldsmojo wrote:ughh just wrote a humongous letter of thanks and appreciation and some details on the amp...got deleted when i went to submit and it said i needed to sign in which I already had.

A bump to bring this back up to see if Joe will type up some details again.
robe
welcome
welcome

Postby keirweir » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:04 pm

Hey everyone,

Sorry for the delay in reponding! Its amazing how busy one can get witha new job, 2nd child and new home.

I am not technical in any way,. I have absolutely no technical knowledge or any kind of understanding of terms or methods.

I can however encourage Joe to respond with somthing as well as talk about this puppy.

I just put my Beyma Liberty speakers in my Cab and will testing those t a gig next week. They sound great at home!

Here's some more vids with my E's

keirweir

Postby claytushaywood » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:19 pm

man that is spot on.. those first riffs in "tore up" blew me away!
I need more!!! nice playing keir!
claytushaywood
Billy
Billy

Postby modz » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:01 am

Man I need to get on RUK more!!! Nice stuff brother:) Sounds great and I hope I get to hear you guys live someplace.
Tracy Lowe from Festus, MO
http://www.soundscaperproductions.com/
modz
Pigpen
Pigpen

Postby keirweir » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:23 pm

I took the Beyma Liberty's for a spin at my last gig. Its hard to tell a different but I think I like them better than my E's...

keirweir

Postby mijknahs » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:29 pm

Your playing sounds good Keir! I wouldn't have know they were Beyma's if you didn't tell me.
mijknahs

Postby TRG » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:32 am

Nice - sounds great! I've got Liberty's as well...love em.
TRG
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby keirweir » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:18 am

Thanks mijknahs... I feel like I play much better in my head than outloud. I'm kinda all over the place but its fun. The Beymas are awesome, I really like them. It took a good 6 months to break in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RVQehim ... ata_player
keirweir

Postby lunasparks » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:29 pm

Like many others here, I've listened to Joe Martin's clips on YouTube and loved the Jerry tone he gets on his modded amps. As luck would have it, I spent a couple of hours with him today and got a chance to hear some of the amps he's currently working on (perhaps some from folks on this forum??). Let it be said, that these things sound almost unreal to me :shock: Joe was playing through my Moriarty Wolf and really making the rigs sing. He also broke out a special little amp of his own design and it was, I think, even better...and more versatile than most of my Jerry rig stuff. He also took a look through my Mesa Mark IIa and made some recommendations for tuning it up a bit, free of charge! Great guy.

Getting to hear Joe's work first-hand was a revelation. He knows tone, no doubt! Highly recommended for Jerry stuff...and beyond :-)
lunasparks
Billy
Billy

Postby keirweir » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:04 am

lunasparks wrote:Like many others here, I've listened to Joe Martin's clips on YouTube and loved the Jerry tone he gets on his modded amps. As luck would have it, I spent a couple of hours with him today and got a chance to hear some of the amps he's currently working on (perhaps some from folks on this forum??). Let it be said, that these things sound almost unreal to me :shock: Joe was playing through my Moriarty Wolf and really making the rigs sing. He also broke out a special little amp of his own design and it was, I think, even better...and more versatile than most of my Jerry rig stuff. He also took a look through my Mesa Mark IIa and made some recommendations for tuning it up a bit, free of charge! Great guy.

Getting to hear Joe's work first-hand was a revelation. He knows tone, no doubt! Highly recommended for Jerry stuff...and beyond :-)

Agreed! My Shakedown Amp has so many tonal options I can really dial in almost any era. So that was your Moriarty! Nice man!
keirweir

Postby paulinnc » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:18 pm

Where does one get a Shakedown Amp?
paulinnc

PreviousNext

Return to Jerry Tone