Joe Till Guitars

Joe Till Guitars

Postby helio » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:56 pm

Hi all,

I'm new to RuKind, so forgive me if this is not the right sort of posting for the "Guitar Building" area. It's not about guitars I'm building, but rather to let you all know about a guy, Joe Till, who's building some wonderful handmade creations out in California.

My guitar search was inspired by the amazing, unique guitars of Garcia, as well as those of Trey Anastasio. I was particularly drawn to the latter's use of hollow (semi-hollow would do for me) bodies, and coil-tapped humbuckers.

Anyway, stumbled by luck on Joe Till. Great guy who's building some beautiful guitars. More importantly, they play wonderfully and sound just amazing.

Below is the Till TG-250 I went home with, as well as a link to his site. Joe's a wonderful guy building terrific guitars, a combo of facts that had me feeling you all would be interested in hearing about him.

TG-250 #109

TG-250-vertical.jpg
TG-250-vertical.jpg (103.78 KiB) Viewed 1562 times

Joe's site: http://joetillguitars.com/
helio
TC
TC

Re: Joe Till Guitars

Postby walstib » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:45 pm

Hi
It's great to see Joe getting some of the recognition he deserves. I currently own 2 till guitars in my collection which also includes a Gretsch 6120, Gibson Es335, Gibson Les Paul, Fender Tele, Rickenbacker 360 and others

But I find myself playing the till's 90% of the time. They are not only the most beautiful guitars you'll ever see, but the action and tone are truly amazing! He is also one of the easiest going guys you will ever deal with. If you're in the So Cal area

stop by his shop and check out these incredible guitars in person!
walstib
welcome
welcome

Postby TI4-1009 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:21 pm

"I dreamed I saw
a Joe Till last night..."

Sorry, I'd been waiting for this thread to come back so I could do that... :oops:
"Do not write so that you can be understood, write so that you cannot be misunderstood." -Epictetus

First show: 8/16/69 (Woodstock)
Last show: 3/19/95 (Unbroken Chain breakout)
Member of the Four-Decade Club
Charter Member, President & CEO of OAD (Order of the Ancient Deadheads)
TI4-1009

Postby jester536 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:41 am

Now you went and done it...I've had that Joe Hill song in my head all morning!
If the thunder don't getcha then the lightning will!
http://www.reverbnation.com/unchartedwaters
jester536
One More Saturday Night
One More Saturday Night

Postby ndrewoods » Thu May 03, 2012 5:11 pm

walstib wrote:Hi
It's great to see Joe getting some of the recognition he deserves. I currently own 2 till guitars in my collection which also includes a Gretsch 6120, Gibson Es335, Gibson Les Paul, Fender Tele, Rickenbacker 360 and others

But I find myself playing the till's 90% of the time. They are not only the most beautiful guitar chords you'll ever see, but the action and tone are truly amazing! He is also one of the easiest going guys you will ever deal with. If you're in the So Cal area

stop by his shop and check out these incredible guitars in person!

Cool. It seems a good thing to check out this coming weekends. How bout the sound? Does it sound good when the guitars he built is played? I am a bit intrigued :-)
Last edited by ndrewoods on Sun May 06, 2012 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
ndrewoods
Rosebud
Rosebud

Postby brbadg » Thu May 03, 2012 11:03 pm

Some may not dig this tone,but I sure do.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVn5me0rsBs
brbadg
Wavy Gravy
Wavy Gravy

Return to Guitar Building and Mods