Phil's pups/amp

Re: Phil's pups/amp

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:33 pm

Was the replacement B any good? I LOVE the strings otherwise. :? I didn't feel that Chromes gave me the same nice, controlled but bright attack.

Do those Sunbeams chew up your picks, Edwin? I'm finding that the Telefunkens get thinner just from one gig with the Slick Rounds already.
Rusty the Scoob

Postby zambiland » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:43 am

Maybe I'm not hitting as hard as you, but the Telefunkens seem pretty impervious to wear (as did the Dunlop versions I was using before). However, last time I hung with Mike, his picks were really worn down, but it didn't seem to slow him down much! 8)
zambiland

Postby jeffm725 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:16 am

zambiland wrote:Ah, well, the real question is whether Mike can get my slap tone! :cool:

When it comes to those kinds of things, I'm not really trying to cop any else's tones. I spent years getting my own voice on that stuff, so it's a hard thing to lose and after sitting down with Mike and teaching it to him, well, it's its own thing.

haha, :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: yeah that and the Down with Disease effects sound, Mike gives you TOTAL credit on that....

Edwin, please say Hi to Jake Wolf for me (Jeff Martinson) next time you are playing with the "Street" (we played together in mid 90's in the "East coast Shakedown" :lol: )
.......................................................have you heard the one about the yellow dog?
jeffm725

Postby Todd GT5 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:39 am

Rusty,
I did get a good replacement B string. I had to contact "Ken Smith" directly per "Just Strings". They were very cool about it. I would suggest having a couple spares in case another dud shows up. Your right, there is a special attach that the Slick Rounds have. The good thing for me was a good set lasted a long time.

-Todd
Todd GT5
Rosebud
Rosebud

Previous

Return to Phil Sound