Dented dust cap

Dented dust cap

Postby MichaelCarolina » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:21 pm

Any impact on performance for E120 with dented dust cap? Aesthetics is no issue for me. Any easy fix to smooth it out?
MichaelCarolina
tiger
tiger

Re: Dented dust cap

Postby hogan » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:29 pm

pull it back out by using some duct tape or a shop vac w/ no attachment on the hose. You have to be smooth though, are you smooth?
Honest to the point of recklessness.
PM me for a cab
http://www.facebook.com/workingmansdead
Happy customers (~);-} :
paulinnc, spaceyrface43, AKdead, chuckles, ebelgee, Quebee, Kennay, bomall01, NashvilleMike, Strumminsix,jx2638,Chutley, Adam Deckard, jkstraw, TennesseeJedi, deadhead1988, spacefunkologist, rmackenzie
hogan

Postby MichaelCarolina » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:34 pm

I have the gentle touch of a butcher. Maybe have to get some spousal support on this. Thanks for the recommendation.

But any impact sonically? Even if it does not come out 100% am I losing anything?
MichaelCarolina
tiger
tiger

Postby hogan » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:01 pm

I'm going to say probably not. I've had some that actually cracked and sounded like hell, but my dimpled/dented ones never demonstrated any ill sounding effects.
Honest to the point of recklessness.
PM me for a cab
http://www.facebook.com/workingmansdead
Happy customers (~);-} :
paulinnc, spaceyrface43, AKdead, chuckles, ebelgee, Quebee, Kennay, bomall01, NashvilleMike, Strumminsix,jx2638,Chutley, Adam Deckard, jkstraw, TennesseeJedi, deadhead1988, spacefunkologist, rmackenzie
hogan

Postby MichaelCarolina » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:22 pm

Thanks, Hogan. I will try the duct tape fix but won't get stressed about it.
MichaelCarolina
tiger
tiger

Postby mijknahs » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:06 pm

Agree with the crack or rip. Terrible buzzing. Denting does nothing. Just doesn't look cool.
mijknahs

Postby MichaelCarolina » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:04 am

Duct tape pulled one all the way out and got about 50% of the other. I may go for round two later. If there is no issue with the sound, and with a tie dyed grill cover for aesthetics, we should be good to go. Thanks to all for the advice. DUCT TAPE - awesome.
MichaelCarolina
tiger
tiger

Postby Jon S. » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:26 pm

It is my understanding the particle physicists first thought that gluons held the universe together but upon further inquiry they confirmed it's duct tape. :smile:
Disclaimers: I'm happy to share whatever relevant gear knowledge or experience I have. Genuflection/payment/proof of worthiness neither sought nor accepted. I don't design, build, market, sell or endorse for pay any new music product or service. I occasionally sell personal used gear. I am an unpaid endorser of SoundScaper Productions and Godfrey Daniels Guitarworks.
Jon S.

Return to Loudspeakers