Adamas Picks available!!!

Chat about Equipment Info

Adamas Picks available!!!

Postby seanc » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:15 pm

All, just a quick public service announcement. Adamas picks are in stock and available directly from Jim Dunlop. From what the person on the phone told me, these are the last of them and when they run out there will be none left. I asked and was told that they are not going to be produced again.

They were 16.03/ dozen plus shipping.
Worcester/ Providence area Bass player, looking to hook up and play some tunes!!
seanc
Pigpen
Pigpen

Re: Adamas Picks available!!!

Postby zambiland » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:50 am

seanc wrote:All, just a quick public service announcement. Adamas picks are in stock and available directly from Jim Dunlop. From what the person on the phone told me, these are the last of them and when they run out there will be none left. I asked and was told that they are not going to be produced again.

I've heard that before! 8)
zambiland

Postby wfrobinette » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:46 am

Good Morning,
This is e-mail is to notify you of the availability of the 15R-Adamas 2.0mm Graphite picks. We do currently have stock available and this item is currently available through our web shop, please click the link below to purchase this item:

http://shop.jimdunlop.com/ecommerce/Cat ... as&SCID=-1

Due to the high demand of this item and the limited quantity that was manufactured, we have limited the purchase quantity to (12) refill bags per person. Please note that our web shop is not configured to accept international billing or shipping information, please contact me at the information below to place an international verbal order.

Please visit our web shop to make your purchase and please feel free to contact me at the information below if there is anything you need.

Thank You and Warmest Regards,

Anna Rasmussen

Dunlop Manufacturing, Inc.
(707) 745-2722

www.jimdunlop.com
wfrobinette
bruce
bruce

Postby seanc » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:44 am

Ok,
I received my shipment from Dunlop. I purchased 6 dozen. I figured that this would last me forever. Unfortunately, the Dulop picks are very different from the orig Adamas picks.
The new picks are noticably lighter (even my GF noticed a difference).
The new picks seem more, plasticy, somehow.
the logos, texturing is much lesss pronounced, making the grip more slippery.

Size, same
Sound, seems close enough to be the same.
they are very close.. but noticably different.
Worcester/ Providence area Bass player, looking to hook up and play some tunes!!
seanc
Pigpen
Pigpen

Postby Emoto » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:18 am

Hmmm. I got the same email and ordered a few more as well. Hope I like them.
Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there...
Emoto

Postby hippieguy1954 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:00 am

The Telefunken picks are awesome! :smile: :smile: :smile:
Jim

First show: 1973
Last show: 1994
hippieguy1954

Postby Jon S. » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:25 am

I just ordered 3 dozen. Though I'm not sure if I'll like 'em, ya gotta be prepared (plus they'll make nice little gifts to fellow Deadhead pickers)!
Last edited by Jon S. on Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"For me, I think the only danger is being too much in love with guitar playing. The music is the most important thing, and the guitar is only the instrument." Jerry Garcia
Jon S.

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:30 am

Last time i was at the music store i decided to try some 2 MM picks just to see if i liked that size and I totally loved the change ...
Hoping Santa comes thru with some nice picks for me now
:smile:
Tennessee Jedi

Postby Pete B. » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:14 am

One thing I noticed since getting a better shielded axe, is that I no longer hear any "Chirp" upon string contact (that I originaly heard when I first tried these picks) and I can rub the pick on the strings and I get no static sound whatsoever.
On my other Strat (stock MIM) I still get that Chirp and the static (I am going to get that fixed, now that I lnow what it is).
Pete B.

Postby mijknahs » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:47 pm

It all has to do with grounding. I have an amp that does it when the ground switch is flipped certain ways. The other amp doesn't do it at all. Same guitar.
mijknahs

Postby JonnyBoy » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:52 pm

I got my 2 new bags and they do have something different about them at first glance, but this wouldn't be the first time that has happened. They sound just fine relative to the older ones. They appeared shiny-er, but again, sound the same. just happy to have pics again, for this year at least.
http://otislotus.net/ Finally finished our new site...
JonnyBoy

Postby Jon S. » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:26 pm

I got mine. My first reaction, frankly, was negative - they're so darn thick!! But I'll give 'em a try at our next practice and if they truly sound better to me then, I'll stick with 'em.
"For me, I think the only danger is being too much in love with guitar playing. The music is the most important thing, and the guitar is only the instrument." Jerry Garcia
Jon S.

Postby waldo041 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:29 pm

definately an unforgiving pick. if your technique is sloppy these picks will expose it. the use of them is a technique all it's own, similiar to a jerry high action.

peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby Jon S. » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:35 pm

waldo041 wrote:definately an unforgiving pick. if your technique is sloppy these picks will expose it.

Maybe I should practice with it, then, on my Tele so when I switch to my Jerrycaster it will feel like taking the metal doughnut off the on-deck circle bat. :smile:

Seriously, though, I've been using one of my new ones for the past 2 hours while working on the middle sections to this most excellent version of Eyes and I must say, it's feeling considerably more comfortable with practice.

http://www.4shared.com/audio/K7Njx95g/G ... 12-2-.html
Jon S.

Postby TI4-1009 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:11 am

"Do not write so that you can be understood, write so that you cannot be misunderstood." -Epictetus

First show: 8/16/69 (Woodstock)
Last show: 3/19/95 (Unbroken Chain breakout)
Member of the Four-Decade Club
Charter Member, President & CEO of OAD (Order of the Ancient Deadheads)
TI4-1009

Next

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion