Shakedown Amp = Updated

Shakedown Amp = Updated

Postby keirweir » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:29 am

Hey guys, its been a while since I have posted. My family and I have been inbetween home taying Staying at the inlaws.... :| no internet.... Closing in our new home in two weeks and yes, I have a rehearsal room! Let's get down to it.

I had a twin re-built for me by Joe Martin with Shakedown Amps. I'm posting this from my phone so I can't get into too much detail but wow... This amp can do it ALL.

I can pull of Jerry in the 80's and 90's. I can get as much dirt as i want with added features and thereverb is custom to get more of a Kimock style effect. It's got a nice slow decay. Joe was kind enough to deliver it to my last gig so I had the chance to play it. still haven't had a chance to toy with settings.

Last edited by keirweir on Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
keirweir

Re: Shakedown Amp =Tasty tone

Postby jeffm725 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:43 am

Its an absolutely sick amp, keir!
.......................................................have you heard the one about the yellow dog?
jeffm725

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:58 am

Do you have a link to Shakedown Amps ?
I couldnt find it via google
:D
Tennessee Jedi

Postby JonnyBoy » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:13 pm

nice! That is a nice tone there.
http://otislotus.net/ Finally finished our new site...
JonnyBoy

Postby mkaufman » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:17 pm

Joe Martin (oldsmojo) is a member here.

mk
THE best way to score gear: http://www.auctionstud.com

For discounts on extended Dell warranties: http://advantech-ny.com/mik/advantech/DellComputerWarranty
mkaufman

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:49 am

mkaufman wrote:Joe Martin (oldsmojo) is a member here.

mk

Take a bow, Joe. This amp is AMAZING. I read 3 or 4 glowing e-mails from Jerry guys who tried it before Joe delivered it, and they were right. DSO's two drummers came to our aftershow and their review was this:

Hey Scoob,

You have a good sounding band. I enjoyed it. I really like your guitar players tone too. Keep up the good work!

:cool:

Here's audio of the show from my new Zoom H4n, better quality than the Flip-cam's mics in the videos above: http://www.archive.org/details/DLG2011- ... he_Elevens
Rusty the Scoob

Postby dleonard » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:11 pm

This Dear Prudence is f****** awesome!!
dleonard
Bear
Bear

Postby vwjodyme » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:10 pm

Freekin Awesome! Is that Don't Let Go? I have to make it out to one of your shows.
vwjodyme

Postby waldo041 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:22 pm

sounds great!

how about a peek inside? is it one of the 135 watt models he has been modding?

peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby jeffm725 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:13 am

waldo041 wrote:sounds great!

peace,
waldo

Waldo, yes that is one of the 135's. I got to give it a run through about a week before he delivered it to Keir. VERY well done. He wanted to bring it to me because he did something very interesting with channel one, he voiced it as a boogie, so he wanted to compare the voicing to my Mark 2a. I have to tell you, it is VERY CLOSE!!! So in essence Keir just got TWO! great Jerry Amps! Channel 1 is the Boogie, Channel 2 the Twin!

I did an A/B with my Boogie before a gig, and then Dave Frankel (Shakedown's Jerry) used it DURING the gig. The amp almost didn't make it to Keir because Dave offered Joe Cash on the spot and wasn't going to let him take it back! :lol:

I told Keir that I would use an AMP switcher and use both channels on this sucker, they both sound that good. But give you just enough differences to be interesting.
Joe nailed this one!
.......................................................have you heard the one about the yellow dog?
jeffm725

Postby rugger » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:15 am

Dude, you rock.

John in San Diego
rugger
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby waldo041 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:37 am

jeffm725 wrote:

peace,
waldo

Waldo, yes that is one of the 135's. I got to give it a run through about a week before he delivered it to Keir. VERY well done. He wanted to bring it to me because he did something very interesting with channel one, he voiced it as a boogie, so he wanted to compare the voicing to my Mark 2a. I have to tell you, it is VERY CLOSE!!! So in essence Keir just got TWO! great Jerry Amps! Channel 1 is the Boogie, Channel 2 the Twin!

I did an A/B with my Boogie before a gig, and then Dave Frankel (Shakedown's Jerry) used it DURING the gig. The amp almost didn't make it to Keir because Dave offered Joe Cash on the spot and wasn't going to let him take it back! :lol:

I told Keir that I would use an AMP switcher and use both channels on this sucker, they both sound that good. But give you just enough differences to be interesting.
Joe nailed this one!

thanks jeff, i was just wondering what front street/alembic jerry pre mods he may be using. i see over at youtube he talks about using the military metal film resistors, and silver mica caps. was just wondering what he is using in the tonestack and coupling caps, as well as cathode caps.

that is if he cares to share.

peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby jeffm725 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:05 am

waldo041 wrote:
jeffm725 wrote:

peace,
waldo

Joe nailed this one!

thanks jeff, i was just wondering what front street/alembic jerry pre mods he may be using. i see over at youtube he talks about using the military metal film resistors, and silver mica caps. was just wondering what he is using in the tonestack and coupling caps, as well as cathode caps.

that is if he cares to share.

peace,
waldo

Joe let me know about some of the stuff he did (I understand just enough to be dangerous with a soldering iron :lol: ) but he would be better to speak to it obviously. I dont think he would mind sharing either, but I can't speak for Joe and he kind of disappears from the web for periods. It's Keirs amp now, and unless he has a non disclosure agreement with Joe (I would be shocked) ....he may be able to answer your curiosities though a couple " gut pics".
jeffm725

Postby tigerose01 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:54 pm

I have owned one of Joe Martin's modded Fender Twin amps for several years now. It is a 1971 and sounds better than any Fender Twin that I've ever played through. I'm not knowledgeable enough to know what I'd be looking at if I were to look inside, but it has been all over Jerry tone and my workhorse for gigs :P
tigerose01
welcome
welcome

Postby oldsmojo » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:21 pm

:-)
Last edited by oldsmojo on Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oldsmojo
Donna
Donna

Next

Return to Jerry Tone