Redoing my Carvin DC-145

Re: Redoing my Carvin DC-145

Postby Counterstriker » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:32 pm

Hey man, yeah I've actually heard that carvin will do a middle pickup if you ask, which I wish I did, if you do choose to route your own, buy the metal pickup rings then file them down to fit, no other pickup rings fit! And yes! The super 2 is everything I was missing, I just love those low notes that growl, I find im doing alot more of those low e and a string Jerry licks way more then I ever did!, I also can't say enough about the buffer.. What it does to the tone is awesome, no high end loss whatsoever. The guitar pulls some great Jerry. But also some great original tones with the other pickups as well. Andrew from AO guitar is sending me the dual cable tomorrow I i can finally try the effects loop out!
Counterstriker

Postby vwjodyme » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:08 am

I asked Carvin about a middle humbucker when I ordered mine and they wouldn't do it. I think they said their machines aren't set up for it since none of their models have a middle hum.

CS, that low end is exactly what I am missing too!
vwjodyme

Postby Counterstriker » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:32 pm

hmm.. Strange, in the past I heard that they will if asked. Maybe they stopped custom orders like that. If you do route the middle pickup your self, becareful, it's a very tight fit with the pickup rings!
Counterstriker

Previous

Return to Guitar Building and Mods