New Jerry Rig

New Jerry Rig

Postby Counterstriker » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:03 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keeZ1KjPiXc

After about 2 years I finally got onto a jbl e120 and ssp cab.

So my new jerry rig is a H&K bluesmaster (using the cabnetulator output) > Alesis Nanoverb > QSC GX3 > ssp cab with an e120.

Man the e120 sounds so great. I don't think I'll ever go back to my jensens..

Eventually I want to get a better reverb unit, any idea's?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Counterstriker

Re: New Jerry Rig

Postby strumminsix » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:29 pm

Counterstriker wrote: (using the cabnetulator output)

why that output?
strumminsix

Postby Counterstriker » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:52 pm

It sounds better, It adds more beef to the tone. The speaker output sounds good though but I prefer the cabnetulator!
Counterstriker

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:03 am

Sounds excellent !
:smile:
Tennessee Jedi

Postby barefootdave » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:25 am

Okay so I listened to your clips, and have to say I was very impressed with the tone (your playing was nice too) from such an inexpensive product. I trolled ebay for blues machines, and found nothing. The next day I walk into Guitar Center, and they had a used H&K head that appeared to be the Blues Machine with a couple of extra options (2nd channel, spring reverb) and 160 watts of clean solid state power, so I bought it.

$199

Brought it home, plugged in a strat and hooked it to a single Vintage 30, and... instant Jerry tone, or damn close to it.

I have been resisting the urge to get a "Jerry Rig" as I kinda have my own tone now as a result of using my old Groove Tubes head (STPG) and my Dr. Z, but this ultra loud / ultra clean thing is great also. Took it to band practice yesterday and was very pleased. It has the cabinetulator output also, but I haven't tried it.

Thanks CS for posting this, I am delighted with the new rig and never would have found it if it weren't for you!

Peace.
Barefoot Dave
"His job is too shed light, not to master"
barefootdave
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Postby Counterstriker » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:27 am

Thanks man! I feel the cabnetulator output is even better jerry, It adds more fatness to the notes, which I lacked with my silverface twin. Well I can't really take credit for the bluesmaster, John Kadlecik (Dark star orchestra, and now furthur) used one since summer 2008, and still uses it with furthur. I liked the idea of having a half rack space preamp and a half rack reverb unit. I bought it last year and at the time there was 3 on ebay, 2 on craigslist. Also the bluesmaster goes under the name Crunch Master, same exact thing but different name.

Now I need to get some dimarzio..
Counterstriker

Postby Counterstriker » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:28 am

Thanks man! I feel the cabnetulator output is even better jerry, It adds more fatness to the notes, which I lacked with my silverface twin. Well I can't really take credit for the bluesmaster, John Kadlecik (Dark star orchestra, and now furthur) used one since summer 2008, and still uses it with furthur. I liked the idea of having a half rack space preamp and a half rack reverb unit. I bought it last year and at the time there was 3 on ebay, 2 on craigslist. Also the bluesmaster goes under the name Crunch Master, same exact thing but different name.

Now I need to get some dimarzio..
Counterstriker

Postby Jon S. » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:54 am

Excellent! And glad you're digging your SSP cab (I love mine).
"For me, I think the only danger is being too much in love with guitar playing. The music is the most important thing, and the guitar is only the instrument." Jerry Garcia
Jon S.

Postby Counterstriker » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:40 am

There is one up on ebay right now!
Counterstriker

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:20 am

CS
What ebay search term are you using ?
I just did a search and nada
:D
Tennessee Jedi

Postby barefootdave » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:46 pm

Barefoot Dave
barefootdave
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:49 pm

Thanks Barefoot Dave !
Guess my ebay skills are crap
:D
Tennessee Jedi

Postby Counterstriker » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:23 pm

It's a great amp hope you go for it! Mine just died :( Gotta go get it fixed now..
Counterstriker

Postby barefootdave » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:48 pm

Cream Machine (similar unit) just showed up on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 500wt_1190
Barefoot Dave
barefootdave
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Postby claytushaywood » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:38 am

barefootdave wrote:Okay so I listened to your clips, and have to say I was very impressed with the tone (your playing was nice too) from such an inexpensive product. I trolled ebay for blues machines, and found nothing. The next day I walk into Guitar Center, and they had a used H&K head that appeared to be the Blues Machine with a couple of extra options (2nd channel, spring reverb) and 160 watts of clean solid state power, so I bought it.

$199

Brought it home, plugged in a strat and hooked it to a single Vintage 30, and... instant Jerry tone, or damn close to it.

I have been resisting the urge to get a "Jerry Rig" as I kinda have my own tone now as a result of using my old Groove Tubes head (STPG) and my Dr. Z, but this ultra loud / ultra clean thing is great also. Took it to band practice yesterday and was very pleased. It has the cabinetulator output also, but I haven't tried it.

Thanks CS for posting this, I am delighted with the new rig and never would have found it if it weren't for you!

Peace.

What h&k model did you get? i'm really digging the blues master sound for 80's jerry tones! but i cant find one anywhere :(

anyone know if the cream machine can get the jerry sound? i can find cream machines, but i dont think id get that jerry sound without an eq!
claytushaywood
Billy
Billy

Next

Return to Jerry Tone