Postby PaulJay » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:50 pm

Found this on Craigslist Long Island if anyone is interested. ,Paul
http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/msg/2645509107.html
PaulJay
Billy
Billy

Re: Travis Bean

Postby tigerstrat » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:04 pm

Pretty sure that's an awesome price for that Standard, even though the color-finished ones go for more than the natural koa.
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby cripeowner » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:34 am

sounds too good! With orginal case it would sell ffor 3-4 xs that amount
cripeowner
Pigpen
Pigpen

Postby caspersvapors » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:53 pm

$1100??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!??!?!?!

no efffing way man, if that were real I would cut out of work and buy that immediately
caspersvapors

Postby tigerstrat » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:54 pm

I would probably unscrew and remove the body, pickups and electronics from the neck assembly, and store them for safe-keeping. Then I'd create/commission/customize a new body of some sort to fit the Travis Bean neck/spine. The new body would have SHH or maybe HHH routing, the fx loop, whatever control options I wanted, etc. I can see that being a truly badass axe.
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby jeager » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:20 pm

Just saw this string. I used to play with a guy who had the bass and the guitar. I gotta say I really did not like the cold feel of that aluminum neck...yuck. Play that thing outside at night when the the humid summer air is cooling and see what happens. Not in top three favorite Jerry tones either. just my 2 pesos.
"One man gathers what another man spills..."
jeager
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby zambiland » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:53 pm

jeager wrote:Just saw this string. I used to play with a guy who had the bass and the guitar. I gotta say I really did not like the cold feel of that aluminum neck...yuck. Play that thing outside at night when the the humid summer air is cooling and see what happens. Not in top three favorite Jerry tones either. just my 2 pesos.

I'm with you. I saw Jerry with GD and Jerry band with this guitar and it was not my favorite.
zambiland

Postby tigerstrat » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:30 pm

zambiland wrote:
jeager wrote:Just saw this string. I used to play with a guy who had the bass and the guitar. I gotta say I really did not like the cold feel of that aluminum neck...yuck. Play that thing outside at night when the the humid summer air is cooling and see what happens. Not in top three favorite Jerry tones either. just my 2 pesos.

I'm with you. I saw Jerry with GD and Jerry band with this guitar and it was not my favorite.

I actually loved the playing action and absolutely incredible sustain on the TB-1000A and TB-500 I spent some time with (the Artist for a month or so, the 500 for a few days), just wasn't crazy about the electronics. That's why I said would replace the body and figure out a way to install the Dimarzios, buffer, loop and the rest. Wonder if it's been done yet!
tigerstrat

Return to Jerry Tone