Single conductor pickup wiring to 5 way?

Single conductor pickup wiring to 5 way?

Postby Counterstriker » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:10 am

Hi guys, so my seymour duncan 59 came in today, I probably should have read about it but it's a single conductor pickup, it has a braided metal wrapping around a smaller wire, It says you need to wire the metal to the volume pot, then the smaller wire to the lug on the volume pot, but I want to hook it up 5 way switch, I'm always keeping it humbucker so would wiring the casing to the volume pot then the inner wire to the bridge lug on the 5 way work?

thanks alot!
Counterstriker

Re: Single conductor pickup wiring to 5 way?

Postby hippieguy1954 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:26 am

The braided wire will go to ground. The other wire will go to the 5 way and then the common on the 5 way to the volumn pot. :smile: :smile: :smile:
First show: 1973
Last show: 1994
hippieguy1954

Postby Counterstriker » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:37 am

thanks alot Hippieguy! Getting the guitar back sunday hopefully then I can finally put it together!
Counterstriker

Postby claytushaywood » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:38 pm

sounds like you might be a little disappointed that its single conductor...? if so, im pretty sure seymour duncan is cool about returns and they do make 4 conductor versions of most (if not all) of their humbucking (single and full size) pickups. fwiw, i read about a seymour duncan policy where you can return their pickups for other ones if you dont like the sound! pretty cool!
claytushaywood
Billy
Billy

Return to Guitar Building and Mods