Sound Scaper Productions show & tell

Re: Sound Scaper Productions show & tell

Postby Counterstriker » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:48 am

Just came today!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Counterstriker

Postby helio » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:12 pm

Congrats on the new cabinet! Tracy does beautiful work. Mine have now earned a few dings, scuffs, etc... and just keep looking better and better. And, of course, they've sounded great from Day One.

Enjoy!
helio
TC
TC

Postby jmfranc » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:16 am

That is just awesome. That's what I am trying to do but just couldn't swing a quarter with screen from Tracy. But I know it's well worth every penny.
jmfranc
Pigpen
Pigpen

Postby modz » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:06 am

jmfranc wrote:That is just awesome. That's what I am trying to do but just couldn't swing a quarter with screen from Tracy. But I know it's well worth every penny.

Build one of your own. It's pretty easy to use but joints and glue blocks and it will turn out great!
2 sides 13" deep x 15" tall
2 Top n bottom 13" deep x 13 1/2"
front back 13 1/2" x 13 1/2"

The magnets are 1/2" x 1/8" thick neodymium's. You can find them on ebay, 10 at a time. You will need 8.
In my opinion, just watch your grain when you cut. Sides and fronts vertical grain and the tops should run from side to side.
When cross cutting against the grain put the outside (finish side) down and feed it slow. A good 80 tooth blade won't hurt:) I like to cut the front and back big and then custom cut for a tight fit. The biggest thing are the clamps! You will never get the Jerry tone without those. They create an ambient flux, vortex in conjunction with the aluminum dust cones of the JBL's. Very important step;-) Or not. ha ha
Tracy Lowe from Festus, MO
http://www.soundscaperproductions.com/
modz
Pigpen
Pigpen

Postby vwjodyme » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:06 am

Just remember to use a table saw or have home depot cut the wood for you.

i only had a circular saw and a jigsaw...neither cut straight lines very well :drink:
vwjodyme

Postby JonnyBoy » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:12 pm

ThaTs funny Jody. If you can wait for home DEPT to get there to cut it for you that does work. I waited an hour one time to have them cut a Pc of plywood in half cuz I didn't have my truck. I finally learned the code for the saw is 0000 at my store, and once you start cutting either a dude will fly around the corner to help or you wind up cutting it yourself and go home quicker. :D (actually they said they would ban me from the store if I did it again....hehehe)
http://otislotus.net/ Finally finished our new site...
JonnyBoy

Postby waldo041 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:15 pm

finally getting around to finishing this project that started at sound scapers's(Modz) place. i will eventually be building a replica cutler effects switching system, but am currently working on back jack panels for each shelf that mate with the GCX effects switcher.

some minor details that will need to be adjusted if and when a next one is made, but with that said, this is by far THE best replica i have laid eyes on thus far. thanks for your awesome work tracy!

peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby Jon S. » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:55 am

Wow, I had no idea so many other DC-area cats are also using SSP cabs. I've been loving my 2x12 for years. Tracy, if you're reading this, i'm counting the days until you can ship my new quarter!
"For me, I think the only danger is being too much in love with guitar playing. The music is the most important thing, and the guitar is only the instrument." Jerry Garcia
Jon S.

Previous

Return to Cabinets