[f] wrote:You can tell ed
You did that yourself. I monitor these forums regularly. Let me say/clarify a few things.
1) I think [f]'s version is very good and closer than what I have.
2) Contrary to what may be perceived, I do not fancy myself a great guitar player. I spent three years at Western CT ST U, and while it is no Berkley school of music, it is a school where many kids with real
musical talent go (or at least they did when I went there). I knew before, and had it solidly confirmed there that I wasn't going to put any food on the table with my guitar. Long story short, I am not shocked, insulted, embarrassed or threatened when I find someone who plays something better than I do.
3) This site contains interpretations of tunes that for the most part, I have worked out. Sprinkled in there are things I have learned from folks over the years, including things I changed when "corrections" were submitted to me when I was hosting the site. In fact, that was why these forums came to be. I no longer host the site, but Gregg and I wanted a way for people to say, "Hey, I do this differently, and here is how". As I have said a number of times, the purpose for having this site was to provide myself
with a repository that I could go back to if I hadn't played a song in a long time and forgot how it went. If other folks could benefit from that, well, allright.
4) I have been listening to the Dead since 1977. I have been playing Dead music since I was a teenager. Based on that, and the number of hits that this site gets and has gotten, I feel pretty comfortable in saying that what is posted here is generally correct. As I stated in #2, I am not surprised when someone has a better interpretation. However, there's a right way and wrong way to present it. They way jonarobb did it is a text book example of how NOT to do it. That was his first (and I believe only) post. He essentially came in, took a shit in the room, and left. No one benefitted from his comments. [f]'s more diplomatic approach, accompanied with backup for his position is the right way, and I'm totally fine with it.
5) [f], Please provide the tab for your version and we'll put it out there.
6) I'm tired and going to bed. Good night.