Using a pa poweramp for guitar rig

Chat about Equipment Info

Using a pa poweramp for guitar rig

Postby Counterstriker » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:53 pm

So im using a PA poweramp Qsc RMX series (not sure the exact model yet, still need to pick it up from my friend) but I know that the max for a jbl is 300watts, and im pretty sure that's with a closed back, im using an open 1x12. But I don't want to blow the jbl, im a little confused with the whole power thing, I see a power amp could be .. Lets say.. 450 watts, would running that to the jbl blow it or do something bad even at low volume?
Counterstriker

Re: Using a pa poweramp for guitar rig

Postby zambiland » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:44 pm

I think you should be fine. It's better to have too much power and run clean than not enough power and run into clipping. If you start hearing weird things, turn down. At low volumes you should be totally OK.

Edwin
zambiland

Postby tigerstrat » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:53 am

the E120 is such an efficient speaker that you are likely to turn it down out of physical discomfort from the high volume, well before the speaker is at risk because of too much power.
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby Counterstriker » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:29 pm

Okay sounds great, I'll post a video later tonight or tomorrow too see how this turns out!
Counterstriker

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion