EXCITED about playing through a real pa again!

Chat about Equipment Info

EXCITED about playing through a real pa again!

Postby tapestry » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:48 pm

We just did a show in Lake George where the promoter hired a great sound company (livesound) and the system was incredible!

It was like a meyer array system or something and was huge (20,000 watts?)

well, we lucked out and both the promoter and the sound company liked working with us and we have the same HUGE system for our free pre show at spac with Furthur on July 19!!!!!

Ill try to get specs on the PA, but wow, having a pro system and engineer sometimes makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE in the performance of a show! agree?

On a side note, the sound engineer (mike) said my jerry tone was NAILED. Now, I just need to work on my playin! anyway, i am just pumped and if any of you rukinders are going to spac, stop by the carlsbad pavillion in the park and say hi to me, the garcia project, the stella blues band and Dan Crea!( Rusty The Scoob!)

:)
tapestry
Bobby
Bobby

Re: EXCITED about playing through a real pa again!

Postby Charlie » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:54 pm

Every time I play through a big PA Itry and get a desk tape organised. Really good learning experience for the band.
Charlie
Brent
Brent

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:25 am

:cool: This'll be awesome!
Rusty the Scoob

Postby JonnyBoy » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:37 pm

Very cool Tap. You guys are shooting up to the top! So very cool, keep going brother. IMO, The only thing about a huge LOUD 30,000 watt PA was the fact any thing you played resonated from here to the moon, so a clam sounded like a giant fart that everyone heard and smelled. The other cool thing about the big systems, is when the playing is on its a KILLER high. Again, Wish I lived closer... :smile:
http://otislotus.net/ Finally finished our new site...
JonnyBoy

Postby Stone » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:45 pm

The best thing about paying on a provided system is that you dont have to tear it down after the show.lol Working with good engineers is priceless. Playing indoor with a big system can be taxing depending on the room acoustics. You know the FOH is the "tree in woods falling kinda thing" You never get to hear what it sounds like while you are playing. Visa versa with the monitor system.
Stone
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion