late Jerry Tone

Re: late Jerry Tone

Postby SarnoMusicSolutions » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:12 am

Yeah, I knew it was a lighthearted suggestion about the iRig and Amplitube, but hey I was curious too and tried it myself on our iPad and iPod touch. I'd love it if I could have a reasonable, somewhat passable sounding gig rig in my little iPod touch. That would really be cool. I do have faith in digital modeling to some degree, and the results from the Axe-FX have restored my hope that someday I may go there. But for me personally, I still believe that NOTHING can beat the pure, immediate sound of real analog devices pumping real current from real power supplies and all thru real copper and real signal paths thru real transistors or tubes to real voice coils making real heat and moving real air creating real harmonic distortion and all the gazillion associated nonlinearities that make up the infinitely complex sound of amplified electric guitar. It's closer than it's ever been with digital modeling. What I hear many of the session and touring tone pro's say about the good modeling is that the sound is really good and really close and in the mix, it's just fine. But the thing that keeps them still using real gear is the "feel". They say there's something that just feels right about just cranking a real rig and banging on it and feeling it in the gut and in the ears, and with zero latency. It's something that even the best modeling hasn't perfected, not yet. I guess you could say it's the battle of electrons vs ones & zeroes.

Brad
... and it's just like any other day that's ever been...
SarnoMusicSolutions

Postby The Stag » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:33 pm

hey i was just talking to one of my buddies and he told me that Garcia was getting this acoustic tone through his midi processor.
Dan Jr
The Stag
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby JustinJohn » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:26 pm

Slanderous!!

=P
JustinJohn
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby The Stag » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:01 pm

how is it slanderous? haha
Dan Jr
The Stag
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby SarnoMusicSolutions » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:20 pm

Slanderous because untrue...

B
... and it's just like any other day that's ever been...
SarnoMusicSolutions

Postby The Stag » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:42 pm

how do you know this for sure mmkay
Dan Jr
The Stag
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby waldo041 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:19 pm

The Stag wrote:hey i was just talking to one of my buddies and he told me that Garcia was getting this acoustic tone through his midi processor.

The Stag wrote:how do you know this for sure mmkay

maybe you could get yourself a Roland Gr50 and/or Korg M1R and try the theory out, or better yet have your buddy demonstrate his theory to you.

OR,

you can preamp out your twin to one channel in your PA or Powered monitor and try that theory out.

i've held Rosebud, Bolt and Tophat and NONE of them have piezo pickups or saddles, so that theory is BLOWN out of the water.

peace mmkay,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby The Stag » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:12 am

would you happen to have any picures of you holding them?
Dan Jr
The Stag
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby jdsmodulus » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:18 am

Search Waldos old threads and you will see one with pics of him holding the guitars. I can't remember the name of the thread but I think it was called. "what were you doing this morning?"
jdsmodulus

Postby brutusbuck45 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:38 am

jdsmodulus wrote:Search Waldos old threads and you will see one with pics of him holding the guitars. I can't remember the name of the thread but I think it was called. "what were you doing this morning?"

Who is this Stag, anyway? Really, dude?

http://www.rukind.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=309&t=6981&hilit=what+were+you+doing+this+morning
brutusbuck45
Phil
Phil

Postby strumminsix » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:53 am

brutusbuck45 wrote:
jdsmodulus wrote:Search Waldos old threads and you will see one with pics of him holding the guitars. I can't remember the name of the thread but I think it was called. "what were you doing this morning?"

Who is this Stag, anyway? Really, dude?

http://www.rukind.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=309&t=6981&hilit=what+were+you+doing+this+morning

Is anyone else too distracted by this handsome man to see the guitars?! :lol:
strumminsix

Postby willmusic » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:04 pm

The Stag wrote:would you happen to have any picures of you holding them?

Now what we're going to need is a picture of you reading the thread along w/ a notarized letter postmarked no later than tomorrow... Ya know, just so WE can believe YOU mmkay?
willmusic
wolf
wolf

Postby The Stag » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:51 pm

willmusic wrote:

Now what we're going to need is a picture of you reading the thread along w/ a notarized letter postmarked no later than tomorrow... Ya know, just so WE can believe YOU mmkay?

are you busting my stones because I wanted to see a picure of the guitars?? mmmmmmmmmmmkay!!!!!
Dan Jr
The Stag
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby waldo041 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:58 pm

The Stag wrote:
willmusic wrote:

are you busting my stones because I wanted to see a picure of the guitars?? mmmmmmmmmmmkay!!!!!

yes, i do believe there has been some stone busting. :lol:

have you checked out my webpage stag? plenty of pics of the guitars there, minus me of course. mmkay!

peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby The Stag » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:04 pm

I have not been on your website but I appreciate and thank you for sharing the picures of the guitars. I will deffinatly visit your website thanks mmmmmmmmmmkay
Dan Jr
The Stag
Terrapin
Terrapin

PreviousNext

Return to Jerry Tone