a favor?

a favor?

Postby GratefulFloyd » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:37 pm

i know this might sound like a lot to ask, but i was wondering if anybody that can, could record themselves playing this song on the acoustic and post it in the video section. its my favorite song and i've been working at it for a loooong time, but i've never heard it acoustic or seen anybody else play it, so i'd just to like to see another take on it and hopefully learn something new. if this is at all possible, that'd be great, if not thats ok too, just taking a shot in the dark. later everybody and thanks
Fire! Fire on the Mountain!
GratefulFloyd
Pigpen
Pigpen

Postby shakedown_04092 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:02 am

I've been meaning to get a video up for a while now, and it's about high time I get on that, so as soon as I find my camera (we just moved & it's packed away), I'll post Eyes for you.

PS - anyone have any tips on how to upload video? I've never done it before. Maybe Bill or Ed or someone else who has posted vids here before can give me some tips on what programs to use, etc.

Any ideas would be a huge help for me! I plan on uploading a bunch of tabs as soon as I can.

Thanks in advance! :cool:
Play music, expand the mind, inspire...

"We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey" - Japanese poet Kenji Miyazawa

www.myspace.com/heavydime

shakedown_04092

Postby jck_strw » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:10 am

Yeah, I second this request. I'd like to see an acoustic Eyes video if possible.
http://db.etree.org/jck_strw - Tapelist
-----
"Now get back to the stands before I shave off half your mustache and shove it up your left nostril. "
Bad News Bears
jck_strw

Postby BlobWeird » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:08 am

I dunno if you guys have heard of it or have it but there is a book called "Grateful Guitar" by David Cullen that has a number of songs arranged for solo acoustic. He does a great job and adds a very different yet tasteful style to the songs, one of them being Eyes. Definitely different but still groovy as hell. Check it out. Also comes with an accompying cd.
BlobWeird

Postby phpbb » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:29 am

for those interested...

Grateful Guitar
phpbb

Postby jck_strw » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:54 am

Wow, I never saw this before. Thanks for the heads up. How are the arrangements in this? Simplistic or knuckle-busting?
http://db.etree.org/jck_strw - Tapelist
-----
"Now get back to the stands before I shave off half your mustache and shove it up your left nostril. "
Bad News Bears
jck_strw

Return to Eyes of the World